In this post, I’ll discuss a little bit about the WordPress platform, subjects, recommended plugins, and some guidelines about blogging.
If you have just started blogging, you should take a few steps.
- Activate the Akismet WordPress extension. This plugin comes pre-installed with WordPress, but you should activate it and get some WordPress key (which requires 2 minutes). Akismet prevents spam comments on your weblog, so if you choose to enable remarks on your posts (which a person should), then this plugin is essential, and best of all, it’s arranged and forgotten.
- Select a theme. You could use the arrears theme, but its method is overused. The ideal is to select a straightforward piece to use, with a good link presence, nice color contrast, and a nice and attractive layout. Knowing how to design a theme or change a free theme want, you should do so. Unique written content and layout designs are normally a better choice than free topics that are probably used by 100 or more. A good place to receive themes is the WordPress Theme Website directory. Another one is searching Yahoo for “free WordPress themes.”
- Decide on some permalink structure, permalinks are the actual links to your websites, and WordPress gives you a great deal of flexibility here. For optimum SEO performance, you should choose “yourdomain. com/blog-post-title” however, this comes down to individual preference as I don’t believe it makes that much of a distinction, so you might prefer “yourdomain/year/month/blog-post-title,” which is also search engine (and user) friendly. Whatever you choose, perform activate the permalink function because otherwise, you’ll have all those ugly query strings throughout your URLs.
- Find the Google XML Sitemaps Generator Plugin. This WordPress plugin takes care of updating and publishing your sitemap to Yahoo and other search engines. This allows search results to know more about the structure of your website.
- Download along with installing the All In One SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING Pack Plugin. This WordPress extension optimizes your blog’s results for search engine optimization. Optimizes keyword phrases, page titles, and more.
- Mount the ShareThis plugin or possibly a similar social bookmarking plugin. This certainly will go right after your posts and also be a reminder letting visitors recognize they can subscribe to your foodstuff. This way, visitors have some alternatives when they finish reading you. If they like your post, will have them able to quickly submit that to whatever social bookmarking internet sites they use or e-mail into a friend.
- Create a great About page. You should use this site to introduce yourself to the particular visitors, your background, job, what you do and like, and what people expect from a blog. This gives your blog a touch that helps visitors distinguish you as an actual human guiding the blog. Also, consider placing one or more pictures of yourself for the about page (or for a photos page if you prefer), as this also greatly raises the human awareness of the visitor.
- Create a Contact page. Just put up a page with email-based instructions or use a get in touch plugin like Secure in addition to Accessible PHP Contact Form. This provides you with confidence to the visitor that they can reach you in the event he chooses and, like the about page, increases the human touch.
- Generate an account on FeedBurner to your blog and give your visitors an obvious option to subscribe to your blog simply by RSS and by e-mail (FeedBurner takes good care of all this). This allows users to use a great RSS reader or get posts by e-mail. Many visitors never return, which suggests you should make it easy and worthwhile to enable them to subscribe to your blog and obtain future updates.
I think nine items are most common and needed, but I could carry on. It would be best if you familiarized yourself whenever you can with WordPress (or your current blogging platform regarding choice), tried out new extensions, and optimized your style. It’s a work in progress, but the truth shouldn’t let that join the way of your posting.
You could think of setting up a password protected subdomain and creating a clone site for testing (or handling the installation on your computer) because when you finally start getting the traffic, you shouldn’t head out trying new things with your live site where stuff could break giving your online visitors a bad surfing experience. A new clone blog is a blog installation that goes your actual site with the same theme, the same ad on, and a few dummy posts to help you do your testing.
When you finally get your blog ready to go, all of that’s left to do will be to start posting! You should produce a nice first post, bringing out yourself briefly and enabling the reader to know that you have a great About page with more particulars. It would be best if you gave some notion of what visitors can expect from the blog posts.
Now for some fast blogging tips:
- Create constant posts. You should try your very best to do about three articles per week minimum. Of course, this will depend on your ability to express yourself along with words. If you’re good at this, post as much as you can, daily or even daily. If you are not, well, attempt to make at least three articles per week.
- Use article titles wisely. Your article title is significant as it is the part that will be most noticeable to the web. Create helpful titles. The words you choose right here will eventually make your website rank on Google for some or even all of those same keywords.
- Make medium to lengthy posts. Not saying which you can’t do small websites, you can and should, but you need your best to create full span and keyword-rich posts. Publish your best and biggest blog posts as if they were content with a small intro, written content, and conclusion.
- Posting about other blogs. Learn blogs about the same topic compared to yours and link to these people and do your spin about the post, agree, disagree, whichever. Try to engage in welcoming debates with other bloggers.
- Leave them wanting for more—conclude your posts with a small wording about what you’ll be posting with regards to next time. Again, be creative as well as suspenseful.
- Proof go through and spell-check your article before publishing. Occasional typos are ok, but evidence reading and using a mean checker should keep them down.
- Have fun! It would help if you were having a good time blogging. You can probably feel a little nervous or sometimes don’t understand what to post if you’re beginning. But you ought not to stress too much about it. Take a break and post a few other times. Blogging should be calming, not stressful. Find motivation around you.
Well, and that’s this, there you have just some running blog tips to get you started. They are, of course, mostly geared to running blog beginners. You can do much more using blogs and the blogs platform to create other niche sites and AdSense websites, but that is the topic for a whole different article.