A detailed survey will show you that an e-store with bad UX/UI and confusing navigation will have bad conversion rates as compared to an e-store that is visually appealing and have frictionless navigation. Hence, choosing the right theme is of utmost importance.
To help you make an informed decision, we are here with an extensive list of things to keep in mind and some “don’ts” while choosing an Odoo theme for your e-store. A right Odoo theme will add positively to the customer’s experience and increase your brand value.
So, let’s start with the list.
- Odoo Version: Odoo updates and polishes its platform every year and with it, developers also have to upgrade their apps and themes. Currently, Odoo is on its 12th version. Make sure that you choose an Odoo 12 theme. With each version, it is necessary to maintain compatibility. If a theme is not compatible then it will raise issues with certain modules and will also leave your e-store vulnerable to threats.
- Optimized Odoo Theme: When choosing an Odoo theme, make sure that is an optimized theme. Heavy pages take more time to load, and not everyone always has fast internet. You don’t want your customers to jump ship because of page load time. Your initial research will also tell you that it is a big reason why leads fail to convert to sales.
- Responsive Theme: The latest Odoo version 12 update highlighted the responsive nature of Odoo themes. This upgrade helped make any e-store look great on all available screens. So, make sure that your theme is also responsive to each screen, depending on their input methods and screen sizes. And this checkbox in the list is not an option. You have to choose a responsive theme as there are around 2.5 billion smartphone users around the world and this number is only going to rise in the coming years.
- Multilingual Ready: If you have an e-commerce store then there is a 90% chance that you sell and ship worldwide. Your customers are in every corner of the world. And to cater seamlessly to your targeted audience, you need an Odoo theme which is multilingual ready. You should be able to provide your customers with the relevant information on your e-store in their regional language.
- SEO Friendly: A right theme will contribute to your page rankings on Google which will give you an edge over the competition. So, keep this factor in mind. You have to go for a theme with modular and optimized coding. The heavier the code, the longer it takes for your site to load.
- Don’t Compromise: Visually, there are plenty of Odoo 12 themes to choose from. So, you don’t have to compromise on any element or function when choosing the right theme. Pick one that goes hand in hand with what you want your store to represent. If you will compromise at the beginning, chances are you will have to invest more after a certain period of time.
- Don’t go for Free Theme: Lastly but most importantly, don’t let low cost or free themes influence your decision. They may very well be an invitation for hackers. Your customers’ privacy and security should be your first priority, even if it costs slightly more. Choosing a free theme only means you will have to revamp your whole website in a short span of time. And that means spending more money than required.
If you are looking to build your own store on the Odoo platform, then this guide will help you pick a theme that aligns with your store and gives you the best value for the cost. And the right Odoo eCommerce theme is what makes the first impression on your customers. Make sure to check all of these checkboxes before buying a theme.