Traffic is important in any online undertaking. An online company’s success relies on the volume of targeted traffic it can generate for its pages, so SEO and PPC are the best strategies to generate traffic. PPC stands for pay per click. SEO stands for search engine optimization. Although their goal is similar, they are different concepts that need different methodologies and strategies.
The variations between SEO and PPC (SEO vs PPC)
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is centered on getting your site to rank higher in organic results for target keywords on the essential search engines: Bing, Google, and Yahoo.
- When you want consistent results, Allan Rodgers, a Digital Marketing Consultant at A Plus Digital, insists that reaching the top of the search engine result pages will take time. But as soon as your site reaches there via SEO, you will enjoy continual traffic. Additionally, if you maintain your SEO campaign, putting more effort into maintaining and enhancing results, it is possible to remain on top for an extended period and enjoy lasting benefits.
- When you want to create an authority website, the best method to build an authority site is through traffic generation to your pages, ultimately developing authority until it becomes popular enough to take control of its market. The only approach to sustainably generate the traffic needed is smart content driven by good SEO planning.
- Suppose you would like to increase your website’s value. Sites are virtual real estate.
Link popularity, page rank of your business, generated traffic, and consistency are some of the factors that help increase your site’s value; all these falls in the world of SEO.
PPC (Pay Per Click)
PPC, on the contrary, is centered on paying for advertising space for targeted keywords on SERPs.
- When you want instant results. Pay Per Click generates results quickly. It is possible to count the minutes before a rush of site visitors comes pouring into your pages. The reason is that the moment your Pay Per Click campaign is validated, your adverts will instantly be displayed for the masses to see.
- Why targeted traffic is essential to your site. Marketing through PPC will help you target potential customers depending on the location. The majority of Pay Per Click platforms, such as social media websites, let you promote the education level, gender, marital status, age range, and even income bracket of those who will be able to view your advert.
- When you want to promote a time-sensitive offer, marketing events, products, or services with an expiry date is always a race against time. Usually, the SEO campaigns that take a long to implement would generate delayed results. However, pay-per-click can deliver the traffic you require within minutes.
- Suppose you want your keyword category to dominate search results. By being absent from Pay per click, your competitors will benefit from those clicks. If you intend to make the most of your click-share of available searches for keywords essential to your business, you have to engage in Pay per click.
Why you should use both SEO & PPC
- PPC is one of the quickest strategies to boost your business by using traffic these days. Of course, pay per click is the fastest approach to get things in motion; however, it will also give you essential data and information for your SEO efforts.
- Long-term SEO will bring you the best forms of traffic along with the most qualified prospects. Also, your SEO efforts (improving page content, optimizing code, etc.) will help your PPC results. For example, a search engine like Google likes to reward “good Pay per click buyers” with good quality Scores in Google Adwords and cheaper Cost Per Click (CPC).