Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing easily. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across many stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing, and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As the Head of Product at Gooten, you will be fully accountable for creating and executing the global product strategy. Through hands-on conversations and research with our partners on both the merchant and manufacturing side, you will focus on understanding their needs and transform those needs into a multi-team product roadmap and vision.
How you’ll power eCommerce:
- Establish, maintain, and broadly communicate our high-level product priorities and release strategy
- Develop an understanding of and build towards a unified view of the user journey
- Utilize and balance qualitative and quantitative metrics to understand and communicate the value of one initiative over another and drive prioritization through data-driven decisions
- Promote an iterative and agile product mentality to drive continuous improvement and reach company-level goals
- Partner closely with designers and engineers to bring our product vision to life, both as a manager and a contributor
- Solve tactical problems through mentorship and process evolution. You will mentor and empower product managers and other product team members to collaboratively establish processes to drive individual ownership and cross-team alignment.
- Identify and evolve the team’s organizational design to encourage collaboration and reduce dependencies.
- Spend time with partners to better understand how we can improve their experience/journey.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand their product needs and communicate delivery expectations effectively.
- Serve as a thought partner to other executives in delivering our high-level company objectives. Next year, this will involve significant thinking on pricing, packaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategy.
- Define a standard set of product metrics and KPIs to understand the merchant/manufacturing experience’s health.
You should have:
- 8-10 years of product-related experience and at least 3 years of experience managing product managers.
- Experience working at growth-phase startups
- Experience working in an agile environment
- A results-oriented mindset
- Domain expertise in e-commerce, B2B(2C) products, manufacturing, logistics, and/or on-demand products (a plus)
- The excitement around mentoring and growing a team that will ultimately uplevel the entire product organization
- Proven ability to scale in an entrepreneurial, rapid growth environment
The really important stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great cross-team cooperation level. We are a globally distributed team with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits, including educational development budgets, insurance coverage, and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.
Head of Product Remote
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.