Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing easily. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across many stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing, and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As the Director of eCommerce Shipping Logistics, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to ensure Gooten achieves best-in-class shipping speed at best-in-class costs for small package delivery. This role will manage all freight vendor relationships and utilize data to select shipping partners and service levels to maximize the delivery experience for Gooten’s end-users in the US and abroad. This role reports directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer.
How you’ll power eCommerce:
- Own the P&L for the freight component of the Gooten business.
- Manage relationships with all shipping partners, including all major KPIs
- Negotiate contracts with freight carriers to drive speedy small package delivery at economical rates
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to understand the customer’s voice to execute shipping decisions effectively.
- Negotiate rates to ensure quick, cheap delivery of packages originating in the US and delivering domestically or internationally.
- Perform escalations as needed to remedy shipping problems
- Develop and implement a freight strategy utilizing any number of national and local carriers to provide 2 day average transit times at the lowest possible expense
- Coordinate with the Vendor Management team to regularly review each freight carrier against their SLAs and performance indicators.
- Coordinate with Operations team to provide the timely delivery of raw materials, as needed
- Serve as subject matter expert for Gooten and merchant partners to maximize the value we provide.
- Serve as subject matter expert for cross-border shipping. Collaborate with finance and legal teams to obtain VAT certs, deferment accounts, etc.
You should have:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineer, or similar fields
- 8-10 years’ experience in leading retail small parcel or package logistics, quality and vendor management, transportation, or middle to last-mile delivery (European and APAC operations experience is a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience leading cost reduction initiatives and eliminating the root causes of quality issues
- Experience negotiating contracts with large parcel carriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL.
- Ability to identify gaps and recommend improvements on current processes
The really important stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great cross-team cooperation level. We are a globally distributed team with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits, including educational development budgets, insurance coverage, and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.
Director of eCommerce Shipping Logistics
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.