TikTok app is one of the fastest-growing social platforms in the past couple of years. This promising app’s exponential growth is powered by the most attractive features and performance managed by a cross-functional and professional team of engineers such as Java programmer, database programmer, C engineer, Objective-C, and Swift developer.
Let’s look at different aspects of TikTok, its popularity, and how you can build an application like it.
Global Popularity of TikTok
TikTok ranks 3rd with an overall rating of over 4.2 stars in the global market of over 141 countries in which TikTok is available for download, according to App Trace information. From its global launch in 2018 after the merger of Musical.ly in November 2017, the application has grown exponentially.
Photo by Kon Karampelas on Unsplash
TikTok has about 800 million users spread over 150 countries in the first quarter of 2020, according to the latest information. According to the Sense Tower information, with a whopping 315 million downloads, TikTok has also crossed the mark of 2 billion downloads in the first quarter of 2020.
With a few controversies, security concerns, operational bans, TikTok may have a bumpy road ahead, which can be an opportunity for new entrants of similar kinds of services. Thus, the C engineer demand and the other application development roles may increase significantly for developing new apps like TikTok shortly.
How Does TikTok Work?
TikTok is a social networking platform, which allows users to view, comment, like, challenge, and share personally created videos of 3 to 15-second duration with the general public and friends.
Photo by Josh Rose on Unsplash
The step by step process of how TikTok works is listed below.
- Go to the respective app store based on your mobile phone’s operating system to download the TikTok app. For example, visit Apple App Store if you are using an iPhone, and visit Google Play Store if you have an Android phone.
- Install the app on your mobile phone
- Create an account on the TikTok app by signing up. You will need any information such as a valid phone number, email ID, or another social media account like Instagram and Facebook to create an account.
- Complete your profile by adding the required information
- Add friends by using your phone number contacts or social media friends using the TikTok app.
- Search for more friends who you may know
- Search the categories of videos such as comedy, sports, memes, animals, and others to view the popular video in those categories
- View, comment, like, share, or challenge the video appearing in your feed like other social media platforms
- Create a video of 3 to 15 seconds and add special effects that you like
- Finalize the video after making some edits in your newly recorded video and put the caption
- Use the ‘Duet’ option if you want to participate with other friends or users.
- Share the video with the public.
- You can also participate in viral marketing tactics known as ‘Challenge’ in TikTok.
What Are the Basic Features of the TikTok App?
TikTok offers separate bundles of features for personal and business accounts, which support all fundamental features powered by professional developers like C software engineer and Objective-C developer. The most fundamental features of TikTok are listed below.
- Option to search the videos of your interest in terms of categories, hashtags, and popularity
- View, comment, and share the videos you like
- Viewing feed of videos of your friends and video matching your interest
- Allows you to follow your favorite users
- Offers video recording feature
- Allows different editing and special effect features such as speed variation, flash, skin beauty, camera color filters, music effects, face effects, and many other photo templates
- Editing of videos after they have been recorded
- Allows adding captions
- Allows public or private sharing of video
- Allowing and barring of the Duet feature
- Reviewing option of the finished video
- Option to create a challenge
- Real-time notifications
- Parental control options
- And many others
What Technology and Tech-Team Are Needed to Create a TikTok Like App?
TikTok is a comprehensive software platform that integrates back-end, databases, and front-end capabilities, which can be developed with developers’ help of a professional and cross-functional team.
The main roles of a technical development team for developing TikTok-like apps should include the following.
- Database developers such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and others
- Mobile developers, Android developer, iOS developer,
- Quality assurance experts, delivery experts, and testers
- Product manager, marketing, and sales management team
The major technologies for developing TikTok-like apps may include the following.
- Content delivery network CDN
- Transcoding technologies for both videos and audios
- Highly secure, powerful, and universal operating system
- Artificial intelligence AI technology.
- Integration of payment gateways, mobile wallets, and other payment apps
What Famous Brands Do Use TikTok App?
A couple of years after the global launch of the TikTok platform, many popular brands worldwide have started using TikTok aggressively to enhance their sales and marketing strategies with a creative touch. To cater to the increasing need for TikTok implementation, the demand for C programmers and other developers and the C programmer salary increases significantly in the marketplace.
The major brands that use the TikTok app are listed below.
- National Baseball Association NBA
- National Football League NFL
- Chipotle Mexican Restaurant Chain
- The Washington Post
- United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development UN-IFAD
- Netflix Inc
- Guess Fashions
- San Diego Zoo
- NBC’s Stay Tuned
- And many others
TikTok has grown exponentially in the social networking domain in just a couple of years. The popularity is increasing very significantly in different business processes like sales, marketing, and others. Great features and business capabilities have attracted many popular brands to this platform, generating substantial demand for Java, Objective-C, C programmers, and others in the marketplace. Using diverse stacks of technologies through a professional development team can help you create TikTok like apps easily.