Internet Stats and Facts: How Vastly The Internet Is Growing?
Whenever we talk about the internet and its related services along with the technological advancements, a question arises in our mind whether the internet is a boon or bane!
Therefore, we have collected stats and facts related to the internet just to show how vastly the internet is growing. Moreover, we have done case studies also to develop your keen focus on the growth, advantages, and disadvantages of the internet.
2019 INTERNET STATS & FACTS
- On January 1, 2019, the total of 4,100,667,287 internet users was spanning the globe, which was 3.42 billion by the end of 2016.
- Asia is the only continent in the world that has the highest internet users, though the percentage dropped from 49.7% to 49.0%.
- Latin America/Caribbean, Europe, and Africa have 10.4% 16.8%, and 11% worldwide internet users, respectively.
The USA, Russia, UK, France, China, India, and Japan are the leading countries to have a maximum number of top custom software development companies in the IT sector.
WORLDWIDE INTERNET USERS
- In Asia, China has the most 818,934,000 active internet users.
- There are 320,059,368 users in the United States; Russia has 109,552,842 users.
- Of North America’s total population, 88.1% of people use internet services.
- According to the digital reports from the Internet Society, by January 2019, there were more than 1.94 billion websites on the internet.
- The first website which came to life online was info.cern.ch on August 6, 1991.
- 1% of the world’s total population is using the internet services.
- The Falkland Islands and Iceland have the highest internet penetration rate to 99%, though their population is 2,919 and 337,780, respectively.
- Google daily processes 7+ billion search queries worldwide, though internet experts predict it as high as around 10 billion per day.
- 56% of worldwide internet traffic is from hacking tools, spammers, bots, etc. Such sources are known as automated sources.
- Among the fights of internet browsers, Google Chrome dominates with 61.77% dominance. While Safari is used by 15.09%, Firefox and Opera have 4.92% & 3.15% users respectively.
- Surprisingly, once called the world’s first most popular browser The Internet Explorer is almost dead to only 2.81% users and can be shut anytime soon.
- In 1995, less than 1% of people of the world’s population had internet. However, now it is 45% of the total world’s population.
Young entrepreneurs clearly understand the use of the internet and its money-making business. This is the reason why there are most startups as the website development company in the USA and worldwide.
WORLDWIDE MARKET SHARE: DESKTOP vs. MOBILE vs. TABLET
- The mobile application development industry has increased internet users in the last 10 years. As a result, 48.2% of internet usage was from mobiles.
- In Quarter3 of 2018, 23.4 million domain name was registered.
- .COM is a TLD – top-level domain with the most registrations.
- Human internet traffic is 48.2%, while the internet traffic coming from the bot is 51.8%.
Today, WordPress is the leading website builder or CMS (content management system), having more than 40% of websites on the internet.
ONLINE ADVERTISING STATS & FACTS
- In 2019, the Digital media is expecting to generate 51% or $240 billion+ from the money spent globally on online Advertisements.
- The mobile Ad industry on the internet is changing; now you would get the opportunity to search for ads based upon your choices from 2020.
- 63% of all ads are mobile-based in 2019.
- Ad revenue of Facebook has jumped 32.1% more, while advertisers will spend 14.8% more with the Google ads.
- Though 80% of online people skip the ads daily, Ad revenue collection is immense in hundreds of billions.
BLOGGING STATS AND FACTS
- Every day 4 million blog posts are published on the internet.
- Long-form blog posts can generate 9 times more leads than short-form posts.
- Blogging, social media posting & case studies are mainly used for posts. Above it, 78% of B2B buyers also use research papers, e-books, and third-party reports.
- Blogging still is the #1 digital marketing strategy.
- 7 million people are regularly publishing posts, 12 million are posting blogs to their social media.
- 81% of online consumers believe & trusts the information shared via blogs.
- Moreover, 61% of online consumers in the USA buy something based upon the recommendations from a blog post.
- Every day, 15% of new searches are made on Google.
- If you are publishing content on Google, then forget not to keep its average word limit between 1,140 and 1,285 words.
WordPress development services in the USA, are the best to build a blog for you because it is the most prominent open source content management system.
DOMAIN NAME STATS & FACTS
- In Q1 2018, about 1.4 million domain names were registered, which is a 1.0% increase from the previous year.
- There are more than 333.8 million live domain names worldwide. Additionally, this number is now growing by 1% each year.
- Five most popular extensions of domain are .com, .cn, .tk, .de, & .net with 133.9, 21.4, 19.9, 16.3 and 14.4 million respectively.
- com is the only domain sold for a whopping amount of $872 million.
- Websites based upon niches have over 1000 domain name extensions.
- In 2018, GoDaddy named itself as the world’s largest domain name registrar by registering 49.98% domain names that year.
WEB HOSTING STATS & FACTS
- The WordPress, Drupal, Joomla & WordPress today have a market share of 60% websites.
- 51% of all the websites that are performing live on the internet network don’t use CMS.
- Two best website hosts are Apache or Nginx. 50% of websites are using this open-source web server these days.
- Best hosting providers in the internet market – Wp Engine WordPress Hosting, Cloudways WordPress Hosting, Hostinger web hosting, Bluehost hosting, etc.
- More than half a billion dollars undergoes lose every year due to slow websites. Thus, always try choosing a reliable web hosting provider.
- 40% of online visitors leave a page which takes 3+ seconds to load.
- Sites present on Google’s first page has a load speed of fewer than 2000 milliseconds.
- 79% of the total online shoppers aren’t satisfied with the ways the site performs.
- Squarespace, Wix, and Weebly are currently the best website builders for beginners.
- Even then the website builders have only 5% of websites among the top 1 million on the internet.
Our website hosting analytics and stats reveals to us that it is quite complex these days to find a top-notch IT company. However, we can suggest you choose a software development company in Raleigh, USA.
ECOMMERCE & CONVERSION ON INTERNET
- According to Google Analytics, a 1-second load delay costs your web page a lost of 7% of eCommerce conversions.
- The three fastest websites on the internet are bhphotovideo.com, hm.com, and bestbuy.com.
- ECommerce sales in 2019 will reach $3.45 trillion.
- The UK, China, Norway, Finland & South Korea are the record holders to have highest eCommerce sales.
- IIn 2018, online buyers increased to 47.3% of the total world population.
- By 2025, the online grocery revenue collection will reach $100 billion.
- Despite the increase in mobile use, desktop sales are more.
- 71% of online shoppers of the eCommerce industry believes that it is easy to get a better deal online than in stores.
- 28% of online shoppers abandon their shopping cart if the delivery or shipping costs are high. $18 billion lost every year!
- By 2020, the USA will have 224 million digital shoppers.
- 47% of all online orders in any sector, whether, food, travel, eCommerce, etc. includes free shipping.
- Adding product videos improves your product purchase by 75%.
- The average age of B2B buyer is under 35.
- Though the checkout options on mobile are increasing, 84% of people fear data breaches.
- Around 1.92 billion people are expected to buy in 2019.
- Amazon sales over the internet in the USA is 49%.
- 40% of people worldwide use ad-blocking software.
- In 2019, 80% of internet traffic will come from videos.
MOBILE INTERNET STATS & FACTS
- 53% of emails now are widely opened on mobile devices.
- 91% of people in the UAE, 88% in Singapore, 86% in Saudi Arabia access the internet on their mobile phones.
- 70% of mobile users reported mobile ads; they actually disliked the ads.
- People nowadays spend their most of the mobile time on apps; approx 89%.
- 48% of internet traffic now comes from mobile.
- In 2019, mobile eCommerce sales can generate $2.32 trillions.
Its true mobile has certainly taken upon the internet as the mobile’s prices are gradually decreasing. Now, more than half of the world’s population is having access to mobiles.
Thus, it seems to be an excellent chance to develop mobile and web-based apps by establishing a mobile application development services company.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS & FACTS
- In 2019, we can expect 2.77 billion social media users, while by the end of 2020, it will clear the 3billion mark.
- Infographics are shared more on social media.
- B2B audiences over the internet prefer LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and SlideShare as the preferred social media platforms.
- 71% of consumers reviews suggests us that they had good social media experience.
- Facebook has 2.27 billion users, Twitter – 336 million, Instagram – 1 billion, and LinkedIn – 500 million users.
- People daily spend 2 hours & 15 minutes on social media networks.
- 2+ billion messages per month are exchanged between business brands and users.
- Over 90% of digital marketers use social media for influencer marketing.
CYBERSECURITY STATS & FACTS
- In 2018, the cost of cybercrime damages was $3 trillion. But by 2021, it will increase to $6 trillion.
- Cost of ransomware fudging can exceed $5 billion in 2019, which was around $400 million in 2015.
- Thousands of ransomware attacks happen every single day.
- Even then the ransomware attacks fell down to 30% this year. On the other hand, crypto miners & crypto jackers are increasing by 44.5%.
- 93% of data breaches all over the world happen within a few minutes.
- 83% of cybercrimes are undiscoverable for weeks.
- 40% of cybercrimes target small businesses.
Internet stats have shown us that mobile has played a crucial role in developing the internet, and will continue to grow with the advanced technologies of blockchain, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, and social networking.
James Burns is the Founder and CEO of CMS Website Services, a globally ranking web development and custom software development companies which also performs best practices in mobile application development. With 10+ years of experience in designing, development, implementation & maintenance of high quality global redundant, compliance-ready applications, network and Data Centers for private and Govt organizations, I have all solutions to your IT problems as a tech-business person.
Internet Stats and Facts: How Vastly The Internet Is Growing?