The decision to buy an industrial 3D printer online is tough, considering many sellers and many options. So, how does a customer decide on the best possible 3D printer for their business needs?
First, let’s learn a little about what 3D printing is, the factors that play a vital role in decision-making, and then see what industries use 3D printing.
3D Printing: The Alternative to Traditional Manufacturing
3D printing is also known as additive manufacturing. It is named so because the printing process consists of adding material layers upon the previous ones compared to traditional manufacturing, which required material removal.
Why is it Needed?
3D printing is being preferred as the most profitable manufacturing method, and rightly so. Here are a few arguments that prove its superiority to traditional methods:
- Rapid prototype production – 3D printers offer quick manufacturing with the simple input of a CAD (computer-aided design) file.
- High-performance material printing capability – High-quality industrial 3D printers are built to fabricate durable parts using high-performance materials like PEEK, PEKK, Ultem, etc.
- Precision printing – Superior 3D printers offer a high level of accuracy in printing to ensure that the outcome is perfect for use in manufacturing processes.
- Safe printing conditions – A safe printing chamber with air filtration and a stable metal chamber is the trademark of quality 3D printers to help protect the environment.
- Require maintenance less often – The best 3D printers guarantee quality and seamless functioning after long hours of usage. However, if the 3D printer requires maintenance now and then, it increases the workload rather than decreasing it.
Where are 3D Printers Utilized?
Additive manufacturing is being adopted by a rising number of industries worldwide.
Here are some of the main sectors that are benefiting from this revolutionary technology:
- Education – Models printed through 3D printing are used for effective teaching and testing for research projects.
- Automobiles – This technology is used to build fixtures and tools that supplement the production of automobiles.
- Aerospace and defense – High-strength parts are built using 3D printing for use in the sector that puts machines through extreme stress and weather conditions.
- Advanced manufacturing – High-quality 3D printers find their application in quick iterations with design modifications for faster manufacturing procedures.
So the next time you decide to buy an industrial 3D printer online, be sure to watch out for the above features, and your business will benefit from your quality investment.