A winning idea or super-quality products offer nothing without a winning digital marketing strategy. To make your brand sell, you have to ensure people from all over her about it. This is why writing a digital marketing strategy is one of the most important steps you’ll take.
But, what happens if you’re not sure how to do it? Luckily, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a step-by-step guide through the process of writing a winning digital marketing strategy for your brand.
Let’s take a closer look.
1. Targeting Buyer Persona
First things first, you need to determine who your target customers are. That means that you need to define them by age, sex, social status, income, education, and other important factors.
Let’s say you’re selling women’s beauty products. Defining your target persona would go something like this:
- you’re targeting women ages 27-50
- they’re on a budget
- they’re middle class
- they care about skincare and are ready to invest in it
Targeting helps you aim towards specific goals and invest all your efforts into reaching the right people.
2. Know What You Want
Now that you know who your target audience is, it’s time to think about your digital marketing strategy’s specific goals. What do you want to achieve?
Depending on your current situation, your goals can vary:
- raising brand awareness
- increasing sales
- launching a new brand image
- increasing customer engagement
- customer acquisition
- customer retention
- secured ROI
Once you realize what your goals are, you’ll be able to take the necessary steps. Be determined and specific about setting your goals.
3. Content Creation & Blogging
No great digital marketing strategy can go on without blogging. It’s an important piece of the entire puzzle, and you need to find a way to fit it in perfectly.
When it comes to blogging, you need to find guidance in the following principles:
- publish well-researched and informative content
- cover topics that your buyer persona is interested in
- cover trending topics
- use reliable resources
- be trustworthy
- be versatile in content type: lists, how-to guides, tutorials, product reviews, evergreen content, etc.
Blogging will help you connect to your target audience, raise brand awareness, and create strong bonds with your customers. Use Top Essay Writing, Classy Essay, or Hemingway if you need help with writing or editing.
4. Social Media Marketing
More than 3 billion people worldwide use social media. Can you imagine not using it to promote your brand?
Your social media strategy needs to focus on:
- finding the best platforms for your brand: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
- creating specific content for each platform
- promoting your blog content on each platform
Also, the one thing that every social media platform needs from you is strong visuals. Images, videos, and infographics are informative, shareable, and entertaining at the same time.
Videos sell. It’s a fact.
People prefer watching a video to reading a long-form article.
Videos can inform and entertain at the same time, which is why they’re great from promoting content such as:
- the new product launch announcement
- interviews with influencers, experts, or your team members
- Q&A sessions
Your digital marketing strategy needs to employ videos and list them as a must-have tool for reaching your audience.
6. Email Marketing
Building a strong base of customers’ emails and having them sign to your newsletter is only step one. Email marketing needs to be a part of your strategy.
You should use email marketing to send email such as:
- Welcome emails
- birthday cards
- abandoned carts notification
- challenge invitations
- loyalty programs
- webinar & event invitations
Email marketing will work wonders for your digital marketing strategy, so make sure you include it,
7. Stay Professional
Everything you write and publish needs to be accurate and mistakes-free. Otherwise, you’ll come across as unreliable and sloppy.
In case you need help with this, we’ve put together a list of tools and services that can help:
- Studyker – If you need someone to proofread your content and remove the mistakes, this online writing service can do just that.
- Write Scout – When you want someone to edit what you’ve written before you publish it, the team of professional writers at this service is a great choice.
- Grammarly – You can proofread and edit all by yourself using this handy tool.
- Subjecto – If you need help with writing, editing, or proofreading, they’ve got you covered.
Writing a great digital marketing strategy requires planning, strategizing, and being creative. You have to think about all the puzzle pieces and find a way to fit them together.
Use the advice given above and start working on your winning digital marketing strategy today.