According to InfluencerMarketingHub, the TikTok app has more than 500 million users worldwide and was the most downloaded app in the Apple store in Q2, 2018. Considering the popularity of TikTok, it is a great platform to introduce your product or service to a new audience. Of course, it won’t work well for all types of businesses, but some companies should definitely include TikTok in their marketing strategy. So let’s check who will benefit from running a business account on TikTok and how to make it perform at max.
Why Does a Business Need TikTok?
Brands from different industries and niches are starting their TikTok accounts. Pepsi, McDonald’s, Guess, Sprite, Red Bull, Calvin Klein, and other companies are active in this social network. For example, Red Bull’s official TikTok account has already hit a milestone of 3.1 million followers, which says a lot about the prospects of using the platform.
The purposes of using this social network are different for different businesses:
- Strengthening an advertising campaign – when launching an ad campaign through different channels, some companies make a short version of the ad video and simply upload it to TikTok. Fortunately, modern software solutions make it easy to produce quality video content of any type. You can also read Movavi Blog to be aware of all effective tools and trends;
- Making a product demo – this approach is often used by online stores that have already logged into TikTok. To create highly converting videos for TikTok, you need to make product reviews fun, interactive, and short. Just check what Pepsi does, and you will get an idea of the direction to follow;
- Increase brand awareness and customer loyalty – this goal is easy to achieve if you regularly run brand challenges and use brand hashtags on TikTok. For example, Pepsi launched the #SwagStepChallenge dance challenge, which has amassed hundreds of videos thanks to user-generated content;
- Raise the number of subscribers – educational video programs and how-to videos will help you achieve this goal. Communicate with your audience, create content they are looking for, and you will gather a multi-million army of subscribers.
What Can a Business Avail of Running a TikTok Account?
Any business can successfully run an account on TikTok; it all depends on creativity. If your advertising message can be broadcast in a trending short video format, there is a chance to gain popularity on the social network for you. Despite this, TikTok can be especially effective for particular business niches:
- Coffee shops, restaurants, street food, and more;
- Cosmetics and personal care products;
- Companies from the service sector.
Even if your brand isn’t well known, you can still effectively use TikTok for marketing purposes. To achieve success, you need to generate quality user-oriented content and follow all key platform instructions/ trends.
Step 1 – Explore the Platform
It is never good to sign up to the platform without knowing what to do there. Therefore, it is important to research this platform carefully. Find out what content works on TikTok, how to interact with users, what your competitors do – and your business will gain max profits from a corporate TikTok account.
Step 2 – Create Fun Content
TikTok is all about fun content. If you look at TikTok trends, you will see many silly videos accompanied by popular songs. This is not the place for serious promotional presentations. Half of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24, so if you want to be successful on the platform, you’ll need to communicate with youngsters in a creative way.
Step 3 – Run a Hashtag Challenge
This challenge implies that TikTok users post some content and tag it with a specific hashtag associated with your brand. It’s worth noting that a fun hashtag challenge not only promotes your business but also stimulates user interaction and engagement. Guess I was one of the first to launch the hashtag challenge. Chipotle’s recent #GuacDance campaign on TikTok has become one of the most successful branded challenges in the United States. On the day of the event, Chipotle sold over 800,000 servings of guacamole.
Step 4 – Work with TikTok Influencers
Generation Z doesn’t like anything that looks like traditional advertising, so it’s best to reach out to bloggers to run your promo content through to them. TikTok influencers may not be that famous, but they will definitely help you reach a large audience. This is how the Chipotle company entered into a partnership with influencer David Dobrik for the #ChipotleLidFlip challenge. More than 100 thousand users took part in it, and themed videos got over 230 million views.
Step 5 – Take Advantage of Advertising on TikTok
If we compare TikTok with other social networks in terms of promotion tools, it has a lot to offer. There are currently four types of ads available on TikTok:
- Native feed content – this type of ad is similar to the ones available on Snapchat or Instagram. It comes with several features, such as navigating people to a website or allowing them to download apps in a click;
- Full-fledged brand promotion – this is where businesses can create images, GIFs, and videos with embedded landing page links or hashtags;
- Hashtag challenges – instead of trying to make your own creative hashtag, you can use advanced hashtags to get more attention from the TikTok audience;
- Branded masks.
TikTok advertising will help you reach many users in a short time, thanks to precise targeting algorithms and a large-scale audience. If you want to maximize your profits, then read here on how to combine technology and marketing for your business.
TikTok accounts help businesses to promote their products and expand the list of communication channels. Use this platform to expand your target audience, establish a closer emotional connection with it, and attract new customers. The above tips will help you make the most out of your business account on TikTok.