When it comes to some of the top digital marketing techniques that organizations and marketers use, you’ll find email marketing listed with the top ones. It’s an effective marketing technique that provides an impressive ROI by providing you with potential leads relevant to your business.
MOST NEWSLETTERS SUCK, OURS DOESN’T
Join us for the latest in Digital Media Marketing
A survey tells that the email advertising spending may increase up to 350 million U.S. dollars by the end of this 2019.
In this modern world, a startup has to face huge competition in its target market and it has to acquire all those marketing techniques that can provide instant and relevant traffic and that are cost-effective as well.
Email marketing is an effective marketing technique that both startups and older businesses make use of. Organizations and marketers promote their products and services through emails and generate valuable leads in return. Most importantly, this affordable marketing technique is a must for startups as they don’t happen to make billions in the start.
In case you have also created your online presence through a startup, read the following tips to promote your startup with email marketing:
Target the Right Audience
Since it’s a startup, there won’t be many people who already know about your products or services. Moreover, it’s essential for you to first conduct thorough research about the target audience. It happens to be important to know your audience because the more you know them, the more effective marketing strategy you will be able to make.
You can also analyze the campaigns of your competitors and the top successful brands in the market. Industry giants know what the masses want and by following them, you can make a direct connection with your target audience. You can also go through the promotional emails they send to their subscribers and the general public.
Some quick tips to know your audience:
- Do your research.
- See what your competitors are doing.
- Make use of a customer persona.
- Get personal.
- Make use of social media.
- Monitor comments and reviews.
- Conduct surveys
Keep it Simple
There is no need to make use of fancy elaboration to establish a false hype. Rather, the promotional emails of your startup should be simple and concise enough to impress your audience, not with fancies but real words.
Experts say that simplicity and call-to-actions happen to be two more important parts of any email marketing campaign. Moreover, email automation software also prefers to promote emails that are simple and attractive to take an action.
The world has got much advanced and people don’t have time to go through long emails and read their content. In fact, they have a glance on the main points of the emails they get and get rid of those that they find not useful. Considering this, you need to highlight the main and important things in the email content so that they can successfully seek the attention of the audience.
A glimpse into some quick tips to write a perfect promotional email:
- Try to use a personalized subject line.
- Don’t use irrelevant and spammy words.
- The words you use should be compelling.
- Make use of relevant images.
- Add adequate Call to Actions (CTA).
- Use bullet points.
Use Unique Subject Lines
Just as a book is judged by its cover, an email is judged through its subject line. Without any doubt, the subject line of your promotional emails should be unique, creative, and catchy as well. Since a person gets hundreds of promotional emails in a single day, he doesn’t check all of them but only those that he finds interesting.
Your whole email marketing technique through an email automation software can be taken to the next level if you use an engaging subject line with an interesting and informative preview text.
Have a look at the two examples of the subject lines Digg uses in its promotional emails:
- You Might Not Want To Do That
- Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot, We Know Where You’re From
The more you practice at home and office, the more you will know how to write a perfect subject line. Have a look at some of the most common tips that can help you come up with a perfect subject line:
- Keep it short, concise, and to the point.
- Use important keywords in the beginning.
- Don’t use filler words.
- Keep it completely focused.
- Tell why it’s important.
The importance of catchy subject lines increases more when you are using a bulk email marketing software.
Highlight Your Products or Services
Since it’s a startup, it’s really important for you to let people know what your products or services are. In case it will be your first email, you better promote your products or services at this initial stage so that more and more people can come to know what you are offering them. However, targeting the right audience is essential here because you can’t convince a bald person to buy a comb.
You can have your products or services noticed in the following ways:
- Tell the readers why your products or services are important for them.
- Describe their uses and benefits.
- Add the reviews of their top users.
- Tell reasons why they can effectively stand out in the competition.
Some Bonus Tips
- Add Infographics in Emails: There is indeed great importance of infographics in your email campaigns because they engage the audience in a great manner.
- Offer Extra Values: The fact is that people have got fed up of the spammy and consistent promotional emails they daily get. This is the reason that many people have stopped subscribing different platforms. Considering this, you can rather offer offers like a free e-book or a special discount against signup or subscription.
- Keep Emails Mobile Friendly: Whether you are sending emails by yourself or taking a professional service of bulk email marketing software, you need to make sure that the email format is completely mobile friendly.
You can effectively promote your startup by making using of modern and digital sphere in the online world. Moreover, being one of the leading digital marketing techniques, email campaigns can help you transform your small business into an industry giant!