Image Source: www.seolium.com
One of the most crucial aspects of a business website is its web design. It is a crucial part of the overall search engine optimization process of the business website too. A lot of business owners tend to follow the formula of building the website first and then worrying about the whole search engine optimization process later. It is really difficult to create a good business website from free resources. It can take hours of work to rectify the errors which these websites would be filled with, and most of the mistakes will stem from some error in the web development process. This short article will help you understand why it is important to combine in the right proportions SEO factors with design elements in a new business website.
It is important always to have web development and SEO in your mind when you are making a new website. There are certain SEO platforms which will work better than others, and you are well-advised to use them judiciously.
CMS and web builders:
In the event that you are not good with your coding, then you will see that there are several projects of web development which use basic web builders or perhaps a more complicated CMS or content management system. Website builders would be quite familiar with those who understand Search engine optimization. There are several website builder tools on the internet which can build a website for a nominal fee.
The website builders will incorporate several drags and dropping options in the user interface, which would make it quite easy for those who want to build websites without requiring a professional web developer. It is for this reason that the website builders will offer you lower prices, which is best for several small end businesses. But this will lower the scale of the website and its sophistication. Website builders would offer a lot of intuitive features to stylize the website, but the developers would not like making changes to files which are being hosted by a builder.
It is for this specific reason that a lot of developers would rather like to work with CMS because they are more flexible in functionality. A content management system is basically a software which will enable the developers to keep and store the overall structural content of a website on their site.
By using CMS, developers would be able to easily:
- Add the HTML they want
- Make do with the .htaccess files in any way they want.
- They would be able to organize the content on the website in whichever way they want.
- CMS platform will also provide them the themes or templates which they want in order to help make their web development process easier.
The advantages that a website builder will have are:
- Easy to operate.
- It is relatively cheaper.
- You will have the coveted drag and drop features.
But the problems which you may face are:
- Very limited options for independent web development.
- Not a good structure of the URL
- The page sizes can be limited at times.
The specific advantages of having a content management system:
- More flexibility and sophistication
- Easier with data management
- Management of .htaccess files
- More plugins and tools for your SEO
- More intuitive user interface
- Easy and simple to work with
The only disadvantage that the CMS system has is that it will be a more difficult process initially to use it to create a website. But the CMS will still provide you with more useful search engine optimization factors.
Some of the essential things which you must look after when you are creating a new business website are:
- The budget that you can afford.
- The levels of expertise which you have.
- The central purpose of your website.
- The specific program that can suit your business best.
Some of the essential SEO factors which your web design need to take into account:
- The optimization of your images: It is important that you should optimize the sizes of your images so that they are able to load up easily without taking too much time.
- The colors and compositions in the design: This will include all the major color combinations that you use. Starting with the background colors on the pages, to the colors of the text and the colors of your images. IT is important to have a more coherent combination which can provide an easy cohesion and not look too confusing for a user.
- The loading speed of your page: It is vital that your web design is simple enough for the website to load within 3 or lesser seconds. Users do not like spending time on websites which take a long time to open, and it is for this, you must ensure that your website can open quickly. Otherwise, the users will only move away to the website of your competitors. Search engine bots will be able to pick this up, and this can lower your website’s ranks in search engine results pages which would lower your traffic as well.
- Simple and clean: It is important that web design be simple and uncluttered. Users must be able to locate the information that they need easily, and it needs to be a fluid experience.
These factors are all part of the web designing process. You must consider them when finalizing the design of your business website. For more information on how to create the best web designs for your business website, you should check out with web designer NY.
Content management systems and website builders both have different advantages and disadvantages and are basically suited for different types of clients. But it is essential to consider the SEO factors when you are designing your business website. Hopefully, the information mentioned in this article will have helped you.