Does your Business need an SEO Company? What to Consider when hiring one
Whether you are a marketer who is responsible for growing the business or you own the company, organic traffic from major search engines is essential for driving more sales and leads to keep your business running. One of the most important marketing decisions you can make for your business is to hire a particular SEO company.
Hiring an SEO Company
- Finding the right firm can push you to the first page of search engine results over time. This will help to drive profitable, quality traffic to your website. Profitable traffic arises because earning a top spot on the search engine results page means that you do not have to pay for the traffic as you earned it and your profit margins will be great.
- On the other hand, hiring the wrong SEO firm can do more harm than good and end up setting you back. Businesses are likely to abandon their SEO companies if their rankings drop or they do not see results. An audit on such sites would reveal issues such as low-quality links that have been built to the website, leading to a penalty or no strategy and implementation that can yield results.
- Whether you are considering the competence of your current SEO service provider or seek to hire an SEO company, there is a number of factors that you need to keep in mind to ensure that the company is on the right track.
Ranking on Search Engines
An SEO company that tells you your business will rank overnight or within a few days is probably not genuine. While there may be on-site changes that can be made to websites that already have solid backlink profiles and domain authority to move the site to the first page of search engine results, there is no actual guarantee.
Responding to the question of how long it will take get a high ranking on search engines like Google requires ample research. An established and confident SEO company researches your business and gives an estimate that is based on factors such as strategy and competitiveness but will avoid guaranteeing first page rankings within a specified or unreasonable amount of time.
- It is interesting to note that some businesses have not come up with backlink strategies. Google’s algorithm is founded on backlinks. Without quality backlinks to your website, it can be difficult to boost your rank on search engines. Click here for Baltimore SEO Company Vision Smash.
- You want to be able to measure your competitors versus your domain authority, which indicates how well you will be ranking on search engines as well as how far you should go to get the top spot. Lack of new links that point to your website probably means that no proactive step has been taken within this area.
- If an SEO firm says that it builds backlinks to your website, a backlink profile will make it possible for you to see the links and ensure they are genuine.
Another important factor for major search engines is the user experience on your site. You need to know whether people are staying on your website for long periods of time and having a positive experience or the bounce rate is high. During your search for an SEO company, it is important to ensure that it is constantly looking for ways to enhance the pages of your website. SEO is ideally an ongoing process and these projects should be continual.
Consider the percentage that your business takes of the local market. If the local market contains a good amount of your services or clients, your site needs to be optimized in this market. The questions that you should ask can cover aspects such as your business being submitted to a local directory, optimizing title tags for the local market and consistent name, phone number and address throughout your website and local directories.
Reporting and Progress
Software is available for SEO beginners to track their keyword rankings on social media. Prior to hiring an SEO company, ensure that there is a compilation of relevant keywords. This first list of keywords will serve as a scale for the progress that is made over time.
- If you begin in a certain position on SERPs for a particular keyword, you can expect to see progress being made over time as you attempt to climb and reach the first page.
- The list of keywords should not be excessively complicated. An SEO company will strive to make reporting as simple as possible in order for the business owner to understand the meaning of the metrics.
- An SEO agency should have the ability to present variations of popular keywords for your interior pages and homepage to drive more traffic to the site.
Understanding the Business
Successful SEO requires an in-depth understanding of the business that the SEO Company is working with or else search engines will not be able to understand it either. SEO firms and the companies they work for are encouraged to discuss the business principles before embarking on SEO.