For most businesses, one of the most significant hallmarks of success is expanding into other regions or territories. However, that is much easier said than done. If you want to widen your reach and gain new audiences, then investing in the right marketing channel is a major key to your success.
With its 4,400% ROI, email marketing is definitely a smart investment. When planned and executed, your email campaigns will help you tap into new markets. So, how do you properly plan and execute your email campaigns?
MOST NEWSLETTERS SUCK, OURS DOESN’T
Join us for the latest in Digital Media Marketing
Well, when formulating any type of strategy, the first thing you’ll need is accurate information. If you want your email campaigns to succeed in different markets or regions, then you need to know the behavior of those regions when it comes to emails. This way, you can tweak your campaign as necessary depending on the location of prospective customers you are targeting.
There’s no need to panic, though. We’ve got all the information you need. Here is a breakdown of all the regional email marketing data you need to know.
- Customers who visit your site and make a purchase via an email link spend 138% more than your other customers.
- As of 2018, there are over 3.8 billion email users in the world. This number is steadily increasing. Experts predict that it will rise to over 4.2 billion by 2022.
- Email users usually have more than one email address. It has been found that, on average, users have 1.75 email addresses. If we’re talking 3.8 billion users, that’s 6.65 billion email addresses in total.
- A staggering 281.1 billion emails are sent worldwide every single day, which is equivalent to 195 million emails sent every minute.
- Users today prefer mobile devices over desktop devices when checking emails. Here are five countries where users check their email on mobile devices most often (based on the percentage of users).
- Sweden (67%)
- United States (65%)
- Japan (65%)
- Italy (65%)
- United Kingdom (63%)
- Spam is unavoidable in the world of email marketing. As long as email exists, spam will too. In 2018, nearly 50% of all spam emails originated from only five countries. They were:
- China (14.3%)
- United States (12.1%)
- Germany (11.1%)
- Ukraine (4.6%)
- France (4.4%)
These countries were responsible for 46.5% of all spam sent during the second quarter of 2018.
- If you’re thinking about reaching audiences from different regions, then you need to know how they interact with emails. Here is the average email marketing click-through rate by region.
- United Kingdom (4.19%)
- North America (3.1%)
- China (1.02%)
- In addition to click-through rates, you also need to determine the percentage of people in that region who are likely to unsubscribe to your emails. Don’t worry, though. As the numbers will show, the chances of people unsubscribing to your emails are slim. Here are the latest figures (based on average unsubscribe rate).
- United States (0.122%)
- United Kingdom (0.023%)
- Canada (0.017%)
- Europe (0.030%)
Keeping these facts and figures in mind whenever you launch a new campaign will help you maximize your emails and ensure your success, wherever you’re sending emails from.
If you need more detailed information, feel free to check out the amazing infographic from our friends at Campaign Monitor below.