After months of developing and testing, now’s the time for launching your product.
We’re talking about a product that took long hours into the night, weeks of hard work, research, and resilience. So, the launch event should highlight those efforts and be memorable for both investors and influencers.
Organizing an event will help boost sales, build a reputation and create value in the customer’s eyes.
This article will guide you towards planning a launch event for your product.
- Know the Audience:
Always focus on who your audience is and what they’re looking for in a product so you can highlight its features. For example, if you’re launching a vacuum cleaner, you should know which features set it apart and then open with those at the launch.
When planning a launch event for your product, focus on the people you’re inviting. The audience should be relevant to your business and people who could be the initial customers.
You can even invite the media, social media marketers, influencers, and people with a digital presence to highlight your product further.
- Choose a Theme:
Choosing the right theme for your launch event is crucial if planned by the product.
Since everyone spends a considerable sum on launching their product, doing it the right way makes it memorable.
A good example would be distributing samples, pamphlets, and embroidered hats with your product logo, between the attendees at the launch event.
Items that can be used daily make the event and the product more memorable.
- Select a Venue:
When deciding on a launch event, selecting the right venue is crucial. The venue itself should be centrally located to make navigation easier and should be able to accommodate everyone you want to invite easily.
If you select a venue where the guests are impressed by the decorations and the architecture, you’re off to a good start.
The following steps will help you decide on a cool venue.
- The venue location should be accessible for your guests
- Should be centrally located
- Should be affordable and within a decided budget
- Special attention on event production:
The event production comprises several small and large elements that combine to make the event successful. As a result, you can make the event live up to its hype and launch the product successfully with awesome event production.
Production includes a wide era of things from lighting to decoration and activities. Here are some of the most vital features of a launch event that play a significant role in making the event memorable and successful.
- Decorating the venue by the event type is very important. However, please focus on the stage decoration as it plays the main part in the event.
- The music that you select will play with the mood of the audience. Select the right music with an upbeat genre to create hype among guests while revealing the product.
- Lighting is a significant aspect that sets the mood for the product launch. You can use light strings, chandeliers, and other artificial light sources to make the place look attractive and exciting.
- Displaying the product in the right manner is of utmost importance. For example, for products like home equipment, guests should touch and interact with it while it’s on display.
- Hype your product launch:
Hyping your product through hashtags on social media is an excellent way to create curiosity and excitement.
Mention the highlighting features of the product to start a conversation with your customers. This will keep them engaged and spread the word about your offering.
You can go for the following effective techniques to build hype in the market.
- Use hashtags
- Make short videos and advertisements with exciting features and hints about the product and share them on social media.
- Share images revealing characteristics of the product.
- Start a countdown when you’re nearing the launch event on social media and your website.
- The Final Day for Launch:
Prepare yourself for the launch day in advance. Have a story prepared that involves the audience and the product. Tell the audience about how you started. People love listening to stories, so include a scenario where you needed something, and your product is what made it happen.
The product launch event should be a memorable experience for everyone. So naturally, the first impression matters the most, and what the guests see first matters even more.
Take the event proceedings step by step by following a pre-defined format on how to take the event from the start till the end.
- Welcome your guests personally
- Keep your product in focus, always.
- Give some gifts to the guests (which should highly be relevant to your brand and product) and offer them drinks and snacks.
- As the launch event nears its final moments, make a statement that defines you, your team, and the efforts you put behind the product.
- Do not forget the Photoshoots:
Photos are a great way to keep the event fresh and memorable. Ask the guests to take pictures by putting up photo walls, art installations, and window displays.
When launching your product, always keep in mind to get photos that you can share on social media platforms for the extra hype among non-attendants. For this purpose, you can hire a good event photographer that catches every moment of your successful launch.
- Customer Handling:
Even after you have launched your product successfully, never compromise on customer support; always listen to your customers and solve their problems regarding your product on time. Please give them the information they want and always appreciate using your product.
After successfully launching your product, get feedback from the guests at the event and your customers who bought it first. This will give you an insight into what the people are thinking about it and what changes are needed to make it a standout.
Remember, the launch event is not the end. In fact, it is the start of your product’s life cycle, and you decide what happens next. So take whatever feedback you get from your customers seriously to be more competitive and relevant in your industry.