In general, it is just another marketing activity, but the experts believe that the future of the entire marketing industry depends upon content marketing hugely. It seems that the budget for this sort of marketing is not much required, but its ever-increasing popularity won’t let it be. The multiple benefits like search engine rankings, social and referral traffic, increased conversion potential make the content marketing plan essential for every business.
Although it is an easy-to-execute marketing strategy, not everyone knows how to do it well. It is why most of such strategies turn out to be ineffective because companies give up on them ultimately. Therefore, it would be best to be very consistent in attaining powerful results. Here are some tips leading to a successful content marketing strategy.
- In-Depth Research
A successful content marketing is the one that focuses on promoting a product rather than the company which produces it. It must create a brand’s persona, understand competitors, market, and the intended customers’ needs. An effective strategy is implemented only when you acknowledge pain points clearly and find the best ways to solve them. Making your customers’ needs a priority helps build a trustworthy and robust relationship.
- A Catchy Headline
A headline is something that draws a reader in or pushes him away. On average, merely two out of ten readers opt to read an article after coming across its headline. If you want to increase the rate, make sure to raise readers’ curiosity by creating a helpful headline that is search-engine friendly. Such collaborations get wonderful results.
- An Effective Call to Action
It tends to be the most sensitive step in your campaign, convincing the customer to take immediate action. It entirely depends on the nature of the product if it is an entertaining video, free trial, enrollment for a webinar, or in-person consultation.
The more value your content delivers, the more your customer engages and does business with you. It builds a lifetime value of the brand.
- Different Content Formats
Use different types of content formats that generate targeted leads. Some of them include:
- Tips or Guidelines: Detailed how-to guidelines or tips represent you as an expert in the field. Solve your customers’ problems with such content.
- Lists: Nowadays people are very busy. They prefer reading a comprehensive list of solutions to their problems. So you must help them make the more appropriate decisions by creating a list of all resources.
- Case Studies: it is the best way to connect with the customer base. When you include storytelling, the customer is associated with the relevant problem confronting him. Be defining such scenario, you demonstrate your brand as a life-changing solution. Remember, the story is about customer while your product is only a part of this whole journey.
- Visual Content:
Unsurprisingly, visual content is more engaging, effective, and memorable than textual content. Creating more value for the brand helps an audience process, understand, and retain information rapidly. Different audience prefers different types of visual content, which includes:
- Slides: Breakdown of complex content into accessible and digestible slides helps millions of unique visitors understand a concept effectively.
- Infographics: Comparatively, infographics ensues into 3x times more effective than any other content. Since it is based on well-researched facts and figures, it gets a lot of likes and shares on social media.
- Video: It is the most engaging and interactive content to date. Engage the viewers and push them with high-quality content across all the channels to the point of going viral.
- Guest Blogs:
It is another effective way to build brand awareness that establishes authority and improves search engine rankings. Some of the core benefits of guest blogging are:
- A combination of guest posts with on-site strategy betters the SEO functionalities, increases traffic, and conversions in a short period of time.
- Attracts clients’ attention who are looking for similar services. Therefore, it leads to building solid relationships and extend the reach.
- Tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
Different businesses have different KPIs. Therefore, it is necessary to identify your business’s KPIs before kicking off a content marketing campaign. Following are the standard key performance indicators which measure the success of any content marketing.
- Measurement of Traffic
- Measurement of Engagement
- Measurement of Conversions
When a campaign gets started, track the traffic. Then, AS the number of visitors boosts up, measure the content engagement rate. It will tell about a set of loyal readers who engage with your content regularly. Next up is measuring the conversion rates and eventually ROI of the campaign.
The ultimate goal of every content marketing is to improve the business, which is only possible with simple efforts with the right strategy behind it.
Tiffany is an entrepreneurial blogger who writes to help business owners increase their profits. Amongst different methods and tools, she chose blogging platforms to share her thoughts. Regardless, she has contributed to education, covering areas like online life experience degree, accelerated reading, blended or hybrid courses, and more.
How to Develop a Killer Content Marketing Strategy
Follow Us on LinkedIn – Understanding eCommerce