Gone are the days of fascinating traditional advertisements embedded with celebrity endorsements and heavy budget photoshoots. Now is the world of practical advertising where your customers are smart and they detect the difference between real and fake.
Hence, arises the king of content marketing- User Generated Content (UGC). It is the most trustworthy form of content that sets the best example for your brand advocacy. It presents a vast resource for businesses to use it for their marketing purposes. But the vastness of user-generated content marketing brings along with it the challenge of aggregating the most relevant and engaging content from the endless pool of data.
This brings us to the showstopper topic of this article- Content Aggregation! Yes, this article is all about content aggregation and how you can leverage it for benefitting your business.
So, let’s get started!
Content Aggregation: What Is It?
To simply state, content aggregation is the act of simply collecting data or information from multiple sources related to a common topic using one or multiple keywords and hashtags.
Those social media tools which perform the function of content aggregation are known as Content Aggregators. The most common type of content aggregators is social media aggregators that integrate with multiple social media platforms and fetch the most relevant content for you based on the keywords and hashtags given by you.
The function of content aggregation can be categorized into 5 easy steps-
- Discovery- Content Aggregators help you to discover the hidden and rarely discovered content scattered all over the internet with the help of hashtags, keywords, usernames, profiles, etc.
- Aggregation- Content Aggregators help you collect the aggregated content at one place or platform with the help of its advanced AI programs where many more features help you to easily access and perform functions on the data.
- Curation- Content Aggregators come with amazing curation and moderation features that help you filter out your content to produce the best quality out of the aggregated content.
- Customization- Content Aggregator comes with beautiful customization features that give the users the functionality to beautify and improve the visual appeal of the aggregated feeds.
- Display/Embed- Some really great Content Aggregators come with the functionality of displaying or embedding the aggregated feed either on digital displays or websites respectively. This way they can be effectively utilized for your marketing purposes.
- Analytics- Once you have employed the aggregated feeds for your marketing purposes, you also need to track their performance and user engagement with those aggregated feeds. Some really good content aggregators give you the functionality of Analytics that helps you track the performance of your aggregated feeds across multiple platforms.
Leveraging Content Aggregation For Digital Marketing
We all know the crucial importance of content while marketing your brand. Not every content piece that you publish will resonate with your target audience.
Your content should be unique, distinct, and interactive, all at the very same time, then and only then, you can hope for user engagement with your brand.
Your content sets your brand tone in the marketing field. Your content expresses your brand ideals, represents your brand image, and defines your brand theme.
User-Generated Content, the most trusted, authentic, reliable, attractive, and engaging form of content that a brand may use for its marketing purposes. Using UGC as your brand advertising content simply means you are keeping your users in the forefront line to advocate for your brand’s good quality of products and services based on their experiences with your brand.
Social Media Platforms are the source where you find an endless stream of user-generated content. Users readily publish social media posts in the form of images, videos, links, comments, online reviews, blogs, and others.
Content Aggregators help you to aggregate these user-generated social media posts from different platforms and use them accordingly for their marketing purposes.
One common example of content aggregation being leveraged for marketing purposes is Social Walls. A Social Wall displays aggregated social media feeds in a really customized manner that attracts the attention of event attendees and your website visitors. This helps you hike the overall engagement around your brand.
When you display user-generated social media feeds on your website or in events, you simply display social proof of the good quality of your brand’s products and services and how happy customers actually are while engaging with your brand. That’s the best form of social proof a brand could provide.
It is a proven fact that users always trust the recommendations of their peers, friends, family and in fact, fellow customers rather than brand promoted content. Given this user behavior, displaying aggregated user-generated content from multiple social media platforms is the safest and the best form of brand marketing brands could employ.
Content Aggregation can be a really cool and important tool to extend your digital marketing efforts in the direction of building a strong brand image.
Try the best content aggregator tools for your brand marketing and experience the amazing benefits yourself.