Be it for personal or professional purposes, having a website has become a must for everyone. Moreover, the website proves to play a key role in digital marketing and virtual brand building. Therefore, registering a website that was once an expert’s job is now made easy. In short, you don’t need expert guidance for domain registration.
Wondering how??? So, here we bring you seven simple steps for web hosting Singapore:
The naming ceremony:
The first step is to select the domain name. This is crucial because your website name would define your SEO. Therefore, while you think of domain names, ensure that your business name or tagline forms the domain name. A point to remember is, have 2-3 options of possible domain names. Choosing the name also means choosing the extension, i.e., com, .net, etc. Some of the pointers while creating a domain name are to ensure that the domain name is simple, easy to memorize, and most importantly, clear.
Check for availability:
Considering that the virtual world has the world on it, the possibility that the domain name that you are looking for may not be available. That’s why you must have options. Then, based on the availability, you can choose or finalize one.
Find a domain registrar:
Now that you are clear about your domain, it’s time for the website to be created. That’s where your domain registrar comes into the picture. A domain registrar, thus, can be defined as a person who would register your domain name on your behalf. There are a bunch of domain registrars like GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc. These registrars are adept with the information of legal compliances that each country follows. For example, web hosting Singapore needs 21 days from the registration date for complete verification of the website.
Verify your domain:
While web hosting Singapore, you verify your website by logging on to SingPass or vial the VerifiedID@SG Portal.
Buy the domain:
Once the domain name registrar comes into the picture and finalizes the name of the domain, then it’s time to buy. There are some options where you don’t have to pay for the domain, but you must have to pay for some domains.
Add domain ID protection:
The whole purpose of creating a website is to grow the SEO ranks. That’s why the more your website holds the information; the better would be SEO results. Therefore, you must do Domain ID protection to ensure your information on the virtual space is not messed.
Have good tags:
Just like the domain name, the meta tags and descriptions are equally important during the web hosting Singapore. These tags would be your website’s support system to gain the SEO ranking.
With these pointers, you can easily conduct domain registration yourself. However, if you are someone who is looking for professional services for domain registration, then here are some points that you must remember as a whole:
- The whole purpose of having a website is to make yourself visible to the virtual world. This can be achieved only when you are searched; your website is visible. Therefore, find an agency that promises to give a minimum of 99% uptime on average.
- A website is a place where the content and design keep changing. It would be, therefore, important to have an agency that has impeccable customer service. You may not need it, but having it is not a problem.
- Evolution is the key to growth. Finally, the last pointer is about scalability. Over time, it is clear that the website would attract more engagement. That’s when you need an agency capable of upgrading your domain status when there is an increase in the online website footprints or sales is a must.
With these pointers, you can be sure of hosting a domain name that you are happy with. However, as a closure note, here is a quick glimpse of do’s don’t’s
- Do your research before finalizing the domain name
- Do a bit of research on the best service providers and their work.
- Ensure that your domain name is unique and not confusing.
- If you are cost-sensitive, then first look for free hosting options, and then if not found, you can choose paid options.
- Ensure that your domain name is unique and no one else except you has it.
- Have a registered Gmail ID using which the website will be hosted. It is always suggested not to use personal IDS but use /create an ID exclusively for the website. This is to ensure that all website-related communication has a defined store.
- Just like a mail ID, also have a Debit/Card attached to the website. There will be times wherein you will have to buy support systems or incorporate some changes on the website that would meet money. Having a bank account attached to your website is a must.