Creating an eCommerce website is easy. However, ensuring that people buy from it takes real effort, and it is possible only if the website is relevant and attractive enough to keep users hooked.
For this, you must know what features delight your customers and how you can improve eCommerce website design to make the user experience more appealing. This blog talks about seven such eCommerce website features that will enhance your conversions.
Top 7 eCommerce Website Features that Visitors Love
7 Must Have eCommerce Website Features to Sell More
1. User-friendly Navigation
Nothing is as important as the navigation of your eCommerce website. Even if it is laden with catchy graphics and high-end features, customers will move on to another website if they don’t find what they’re looking for. Hence, pay close attention to your eCommerce website’s navigation. Here’s what they can do:
- First, list the most important features at the top of your website.
- Label and cluster important pages for smooth navigation.
- Include a search bar to ensure customers find what they’re looking for.
- Make your website’s menu vertical as you can quickly shift the navigation to a mobile-friendly design and make it easy to navigate for both new and returning users.
- According to eye-tracking research, people spend 80% of viewing time on the left portion of a website. Hence, pay maximum attention to the left part of your website.
2. Multiple Payment Options
Shopping cart abandonment is a big issue, and complicated payment processing is a significant reason. Hence, it would be best to make purchasing as easy as possible for your customers by offering multiple payment options.
Here are a few online payment options you can offer on your eCommerce website:
- Debit/Credit Card Payment
- Net Banking
- Buy Now, Pay Later
Besides, some Gen-Z and millennial shoppers also urge eCommerce brands to offer cryptocurrency payment options. While it may still not be a viable option, it’s better to be flexible in terms of allowing payments. This way, you can ensure customers don’t leave the shopping cart just because they found the payment process too complicated, and you can close more deals.
Essential Tip: Display your payment options prominently before checkout to assure customers that they can choose from multiple payment options. eBay takes this one step further by allowing customers to switch currency.
3. Multiple Security Features
Living in a time when cyber threats swarm the eCommerce space, multiple security features on your eCommerce website are necessary. Unfortunately, overlooking them can cause the loss of millions.
That’s why you must keep customer information safe on your eCommerce website with the following security measures:
- Install an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate to ensure the data between the browser and the web server remains private.
- Set up multi-factor authentication to prevent data breaches even if the passwords get compromised.
- Choose plug-ins wisely. Ensure that while they enhance your website’s customer experience, they don’t compromise it.
- Conduct security audits to identify and fix breaches on time.
4. Well-defined Shipping & Return Information
75% of shoppers feel free shipping influences their decision to buy or not buy a product. However, even if you don’t offer free shipping, it’s best to be honest, and upfront about it. At least 68% of consumers expect the same. Otherwise, people may abandon carts or shift to your competitors.
Apart from shipping, your return processes must also be transparent. People frequently buy when they don’t face difficulty in returning faulty products.
Here’s how you can ensure that your eCommerce web site’s shipping and return processes are up to the mark:
- Display whether there’s free or paid shipping on your product with the product details.
- Make your return and shipping policies clear to customers.
- Offer real-time customer support.
Here’s how eBay defines its shipping and return policies to learn how to do it properly:
5. High-quality Product Visuals
Visuals are the first thing visitors will notice on your eCommerce website, and 93% of them will decide on buying products based on them. Hence, make sure your visuals are top-notch.
You should have high-quality images for your products and level up their visual appearance. Here are a couple of things you can do:
- First, use shoppable videos and photos that entice users to buy at first glance.
- Leverage AI to personalize the images and subject lines for each customer segment.
- Finally, use Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) to allow users to try products before buying them.
6. Multiple Contact Options
Making the customer buy from your eCommerce website should not be the end goal if you want to boost your sales. Instead, it would be best if you focused on building trust and nurturing a solid relationship so that customers repeatedly come and buy from you. It is possible only if you connect with your customers on multiple levels.
You can offer your customers multiple contact options like email, mobile number, social media, etc. You can also provide them with an online form where they can directly post questions, clarifications, concerns, or feedback. You can also integrate chatbots to lend support. These things will help you ensure these customers stay in touch with your brand 24×7.
7. Discounts & Cashbacks
We all love to feel special and have an impression that we’re getting a good deal. Hence, offering discounts to your customers can act as a nudge to persuade them. You can even use an automated emailing system to send these targeted special offers.
Here are a couple of discounts you can offer to customers on your eCommerce website:
- Special deals on items based on customers’ purchasing behavior.
- Cashbacks on purchasing items.
- Scratch cards offer discounts on different services.
- Discounts and cashback on special occasions like marriage, birthday, anniversary, etc.
Takeaway – 7 Must Have eCommerce Website Features to Sell More.
It’s essential to reinvent the wheel and optimize your eCommerce website to meet customers’ needs. Otherwise, you’ll miss the eCommerce train, and your competitors will run you. So, hop on the wagon and optimize your website for maximum conversions. The eCommerce website features I listed above are an excellent start.
Please share in the comments if you have more questions regarding eCommerce website optimization.