Instagram is one of the most popular photo and video sharing platforms in the world. It is popular among the younger generations and Gen Z users. According to the research, Instagram has over 1 billion active users around the world. Moreover, 60% of Instagram users are aged between 18 to 21 years, and 80% of users follow at least one business account on Instagram.
If you decide to promote your brand, Instagram is an excellent platform for your brand enhancement. But before you have to start, you need a clear idea about Instagram’s marketing strategy. In this post, you can get 7 ultimate Instagram marketing tips to enhance your brand.
Here are some interesting statistics about Instagram, which helps to get more ideas.
- Instagram is the second most visited website in the world.
- Instagram users spent an average of 30 minutes per day.
- More than 20 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile.
- There are 500 million users who access the Instagram stories feature every day.
- The average follower growth of Instagram business accounts is 1.46%.
- The average engagement rate of Instagram business posts is 0.96%.
- 36% of business accounts use Instagram stories for brand promotion.
1. Setting Up Your Instagram Business Account
When you promote your brand on Instagram, you need an Instagram business account to update your brand information. Here are few steps to create your Instagram business account:
Download the Instagram app for your Android or IOS device.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap create a new account option`1.
- Enter your email or phone number to create your account and tap next.
- Create your own username and password.
- Fill out your profile and tap next.
Step 3: Switch to a business account.
- Go to your Instagram profile and click the hamburger icon at the top right.
- Tap settings->account->switch to business account.
Now you can access Instagram insights, ads, shopping, contact information, and the call-to-action button on your business profile on Instagram.
2. Find Your Goals
For every social media platform, having a clear goal is essential to achieve success. Before you get started with Instagram marketing, you have to define your goal clearly.
For Instance, are you looking to:
- Increase brand awareness?
- Establish your brand to a huge audience?
- Generate sales?
- Connect with a huge audience?
Predefined goals can help run your business to the right path, and you can get more success within a short time.
3. Optimize Your Instagram Profile
When you optimize your Instagram account, you will get a chance to receive huge followers to your profile and drive traffic to your website.
Here are some useful tips to make an eye-catchy profile:
- Use real profile image –Profile can help your audiences to know everything about your business. If you want to catch more attention, you can use a real photo or your brand logo. It can help to show your profile more authentic and attractive.
- Write a good bio-. Your Instagram bio has to make a good impression. So, you can add short and effective information about your company, and you can add your website link.
- Unique username– Instagram offers up to 30 characters to create your username. You can add a unique username as your brand name, which helps to make a good impression on your account.
4. Utilize Instagram Stories Feature
Instagram’s story feature is the trendiest part of Instagram. Instagram allows every user can create, edit and publish multiple images and videos. Most marketers can use stories to promote a brand. Users can post photos, videos, texts, music, and creative content in the stories feed.
If you promote your brand on Instagram stories feed, you can consistently look with your Instagram followers. Hosting Q & A sessions can help to increase user interaction within a short period. Even a quality post with engaging content can enhance your marketing strategy and improve brand consumer relations.
5. Use Right Hashtag
Hashtags are the key to achieve a successful marketing strategy. If you want to increase Instagram engagement, you can use trending and relevant hashtags for your brand. You can create your own and unique hashtags for your Instagram videos. It is an excellent way to market your brand, product, and services to your customers.
The hashtag can help users to find your posts quickly on Instagram feed. Make your hashtags too generic such as #fashion, #business, #brand, #marketing, etc. It helps you to increase the engagement of your posts. According to the Agorapulse study, using hashtags with your Instagram stories can receive many Instagram story views organically. Instagram stories have a hashtag stickers option, which helps you place relevant hashtags to your stories easily. When someone clicks the hashtag, they can directly visit your target page.
6. Work With Perfect Influencers
If you want to reach out to your target audience quickly, influencer marketing is one of the best ways. Influencers already have a huge follower base and different content ideas, enhancing your brand growth.
If you aim to increase sales growth, influencer marketing is undoubtedly the best way to succeed on Instagram. Usually, most customers can purchase their products based on influencers and celebrities’ recommendations. But, before you work with your influencers, you should find the perfect match.
7. Post Content At Peak Time
The most important strategy on Instagram marketing is to post content at the perfect time. You should search and find when your audience is active online and the perfect time to post content on Instagram. It helps you to reach your content to the perfect audience.
According to the research, the time between 8 AM to 9 AM and around 2 PM is best to attract huge followers to your profile. Also, the powerful spot on Instagram is consistent. You need not post huge content per day, But, You should post 1-2 posts per day, which can boost your profile’s engagement rate.
Using all these simple Instagram marketing tips and strategies, your brand can become the next trending business on Instagram. The advantage of the Instagram platform is it offers so many features to the users every time they update.
Caroline Fernandes is a social media strategist and well-experienced content writer at Planyourgram. She writes all things related to business, marketing, and entrepreneurship on several websites. Her passion includes traveling to all places around the world.