SEO demand is growing at a rapid pace.
So are the opportunities in SEO for small and medium-sized businesses.
If you are unsure whether you are ranking #1 for your target keywords in search engines, you are making great blunders.
Many websites, ranging from small local businesses to big brands, make similar mistakes. Don’t let these blunders derail you from SEO success.
Check this list to ensure you’re not making any of these harmful errors! Also, get insights into solutions to fix them.
Forget That Faster is Better
The first error you may make is ‘forgetting that faster loading speed is better.’ in fact, the faster the loading speed, the better! Your web page must load in 2 seconds. If not, it leads to a drop-off in web traffic, a negative impact on SEO, loss of revenues, and more. To check the site speed, use a tool like Google Page Speed Insights.
Solutions to Increase Speed
- Please don’t use images that are relatively large as they take a lot of time to load.
- Enable gzip compression and browser caching. This will speed up your site speed.
- In the case of a WordPress website, uninstall useless plugins or replace them with other plugins with similar functions.
- The fewer the activated plugins, the faster your website will be.
In fact, you’ll get a quick fix with the help of a website development company.
Not Understanding Your Audience
SEO is the voice of your customers. So, it is important to understand this voice. Understand your customers and their behaviors. Know what services or products they are looking for online. Also, know that consumers expect quick responses to their queries.
Solutions to Understand Your Audience
- Use both historical and real-time data to understand how your consumer behavior is changing.
- Analyze the market in which consumers buy.
- Understand your customer intent. Map the intent to keyword selections and SEO strategy.
- Use Google keyword planning tools.
No SEO Roadmap and Strategy
No point if you take no action to maximize the opportunity even after knowing your consumers. Building an SEO strategy is crucial for success. If you have no blueprint for your success, build one now to avoid errors in creating last-minute SEO strategies.
Solutions to Build SEO Strategies
- Understand and measure your competition – keywords, rankings, content, and performance.
- Divide your actions into tasks. Stick to your goals
- Focus on the importance of content roles, digital alignment, site updates
- Look for technologies – tools, and platforms to support workflow and your strategy.
Neglecting Awesome Content
Producing content that is not relevant to your audience is a common error in SEO strategy. This happens because you want to rank for a particular keyword but fail to focus on your target topic.
Solutions to Create Awesome Content
- Ensure every page has decent content, at least 300 words.
- Write for visitors, not for Google. Google is not your audience.
- Determine your content answers the questions people are seeking answers for.
- Develop different types of content (text, videos, visuals) for various needs and SERP layouts.
- Write original and readable content. Don’t craft keyword-stuffed text because this reduces the readability quality.
No Call to Action
Your main goal is to keep visitors on your site when they land there. So, it would be best if you encouraged them to click through your site. The best you can do is ‘create a call-to-action’ (CTA).
This can be a ‘sign up’ button for newsletters, a ‘buy’ button on a product page.
Solutions to Create CTA
- Create one CTA button on every page to keep the goal clear
- Avoid adding multiple buttons as you will lose focus of the page.
- Think about the right goal for every individual web page
- Make certain the CTA looks different from your design, so it cannot be missed.
- Don’t be afraid to use a distinct color for CTA.
These are the most common errors. Fix them to plan strategies and enjoy SEO success. Focus on the website speed, write awesome content, and have CTA for your small local business’s successful SEO strategies.
If you think an important point is missing, kindly leave a comment below highlighting those points. We will add them to this post!