What is the Google Voice Assistant?
If you’re familiar with Apple “Siri” or Amazon “Alexa,” then you’ll probably understand that the Google Assistant is a similar application. This device responds to your voice commands, voice searches, and voice-commanded device control. Just get going by saying “OK Google” or “Hey Google” to prompt the assistant.
How Does It Work?
The Google Assistant is actually pretty simple to operate, even for those that aren’t tech-savvy.
- You place a command by saying, “okay, google.”
- The command goes to your smartphone via the microphone.
- The smartphone naturally deciphers the language.
- A neural network system works with artificial intelligence to make sense of the context of your command.
- They then answer your question, which is generated by the assistant.
The Different Things Google Voice Assistant Can Do
Here are a few things that the Google Assistant can do that may surprise you:
- Your smart home is at your fingertips as long as you have your phone/ tablet.
- Access to information on-the-go.
- Easy to find information regarding shops, hotels, and other recreational spots.
- Music is available at your voice command.
- You can set timers and reminders for events, birthdays, work schedules, etc.
- You can send messages with a voice command instead of typing them out on your phone.
- It can read your notifications while you’re busy.
- Your kids can play games.
Devices That You May Want to Have With Your Google Voice Assistant
Here a few devices that work well with the Google Voice Assistant:
Google Home Assistant Smart Speaker
The Google Home Assistant Smart Speaker will recognize your voice commands. It includes specialized features and specifications for added convenience.
- With a voice command, you can access the latest weather, traffic conditions before heading out to work, the latest updates on the economy, news, and real time updates on the game’s score. You can also access anything you may want to search for on the internet randomly.
- Stream music with a voice command. How cool is that? You can play music on YouTube and Spotify by their titles.
- Set reminders for your everyday routines and schedules you need to keep.
- Simple tasks now have simple solutions. These include turning off the stove or heating the fireplace.
- You’ll no longer need a remote control for watching TV, control the volume, brightness, and switch channels with just your voice.
- The simplistic and elegant design of the device allows you to keep it anywhere. Even as a show-piece in your lounge.
- It has built-in Bluetooth.
Google Nest Hub Max Smart Display
This is an ideal device to keep you in the loop with your friends and family. It offers video calling and other incredible features:
- Keep your loved ones close no matter where they live; a video call is just a voice command away.
- Keep your home safe and secure with a built-in Nest Cam. Get alerts for suspicious activity while you’re out.
- It’s compatible with other smart devices like smart fans, smart TVs, smart lights, etc.
- The cherry on top – it’s all hands-free!
Google Nest Audio
Another incredible speaker from Google. Apart from the amazing sound quality are other amazing features:
- The best feature is sound quality.
- It’s a helping hand and assistant around the house when you’re doing multiple activities. Check the traffic while getting dressed for work.
- You can easily delete your assistant history.
- It can be used as an intercom for room-to-room communication between family members.
- Ideal, elegant, and minimalistic design to complement your home décor.
You can find other related devices at First Energy WV. Find product prices and specifications, or browse the devices to find one that suits your needs.
The Google Voice Assistant is a great investment for any home. It creates a more comfortable and convenient ambiance. With the world moving faster, Google Assistant is there to eliminate some of the pressure and help out the entire family.