Product photography is a crucial aspect of an eCommerce business. You might think you can get away with only posting photos of your products on social media or your website, but the truth is that there’s a lot more to this process than just uploading a few pics. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the benefits product photography provides for eCommerce businesses and how it differs from other forms of photography.
Why Does Product Photography Matter?
If you’re selling products online, then product photography is essential. Product photos can make or break a sale, so investing in quality photography is important. Here are four reasons why product photography matters:
- First impressions matter. Potential customers who see your product photos form an initial impression of your business. For example, if your photos are professional and high-quality, customers will perceive your business as trustworthy and credible. On the other hand, if your photos are amateurish or low-quality, customers will likely move on to a competitor’s site.
- Product photos can help your products stand out from the competition. In online shopping, customers are bombarded with choices and often have to make split-second decisions about what to purchase. If your product photos are professional and eye-catching, they may be more likely to catch customers’ attention and convince them to buy from you instead of a competitor.
- Product photos can showcase your products in their best light. A good product photo shows off the features and benefits of your product and makes it look appealing to potential customers. Poorly lit or badly composed photos can make even the best products look unappealing.
- Product photos can help boost your conversion rate. A study by Shopify found that businesses that invest in quality product photography experience a significant increase in their conversion rates. They found that businesses with professional product photos saw an average increase of 23%.
Why Is Product Photography Different From Other Photography?
Product photography differs from other types of photography in a few ways. First, product photos are generally taken in a controlled setting, such as a studio, whereas other photos may be taken in natural settings. Second, product photos are usually taken to sell the product, so they must be high quality and show the product in its best light. Finally, product photos often require special lighting and camera techniques to make the product look its best.
How To Get Perfect Product Photos
Product photography is one of the most important aspects of online marketing and selling. It is important to have high-quality product photos to show potential customers what they are buying and to help your product stand out from the competition.
There are a few things to keep in mind when taking product photos:
1. Use A Tripod Or Other Stable Surface:
This will help keep your photos sharp and avoid blurriness.
2. Use Natural Light Whenever Possible:
This will help your photos look more natural and avoid harsh shadows. If you must use artificial light, use soft white bulbs rather than fluorescent lights.
3. Get Close To Your Subject:
This will help fill the frame and make your product the photo’s focus.
4. Use A Plain Background:
A busy background can be distracting and take away from your product. A simple white or black backdrop is usually best.
5. Edit Your Photos:
Even if you take great photos, they may benefit from basic editing in a program like Photoshop or Lightroom. Cropping, adjusting the brightness/contrast, and removing imperfections can make a difference.
6. Take Multiple Photos:
It’s always good to have a few different shots of each product from different angles and tools so that you can choose the best one when posting them on your website or online store.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to take amazing product photos that will help boost your sales and give your customers a great first impression of your business.
How To Find A Good Product Photographer For Your Business
You should keep a few things in mind when searching for a good product photographer for your business. First, decide what type of photography you need. For example, do you need product photos for your website or social media? Or do you need photos for print marketing materials?
Once you know what you need, start searching for photographers who specialize in that type of photography. You can find photographers by searching online or by asking people you know for recommendations. When you’ve found a few potential photographers, take a look at their portfolios to see if their style is a good fit for your needs. Then, contact the photographers to discuss pricing and availability.
Product photography is essential to any business, whether you’re selling physical or digital products. Good product photos can make a big difference in how well your products sell, so it’s worth taking the time to learn how to take great shots. With a little practice, you’ll be able to take photos that show off your products in the best light and help them sell like hotcakes.