Jewelry, no matter how old, doesn’t lose its charm. It may not appeal to the original owner but maybe the new favorite of somebody else.
An ornament owned by someone else before is known as estate jewelry.
Stores offering estate jewelry for sale work hard to ensure that the new owners appreciate the jewelry the same way the original owner did.
Estate jewelry types
There are two main types of estate jewelry:
- Vintage jewelry – Jewelry between 50 to 100 years old falls under antique jewelry.
- Antique jewelry – Jewelry generally over 100 years old is known as antique jewelry.
Estate jewelry carries a rich story behind it. In addition, it features exquisite designs that may not be available in today’s times.
Some people even prefer estate jewelry to modern jewelry. This is because they want their jewelry to stand out from the crowd.
Estate jewelry as an investment
If you invest right in buying any jewelry, the investment will grow over time to reap great rewards.
Some questions must be answered before buying estate jewelry. Here are a few of them:
- Is the jewelry authentic? – Many pieces of jewelry are passed down in the family. However, the jewelry must be verified by a certified gemologist to prove that it’s genuine.
- Is the jeweler reliable? – The purchase must be from a trusted jeweler who is licensed and provides the jewelry at affordable prices. Unfortunately, many retailers list fake jewelry on their websites and try to defraud customers of their hard-earned money.
- What is the source? – One of the most efficient ways to verify a particular piece of estate jewelry is by asking the seller for the item’s origin. For example, if it looks brand new or the jeweler refuses to furnish the details, there might be a high possibility of it not being estate jewelry.
If you plan to buy estate jewelry online, you may look for various photos of the item to ensure that you are buying what you are seeing.
Estate jewelry possibilities
After buying any estate jewelry, the buyer can choose any of the following options regarding the future of the purchased item:
- Precious stone replacement
- Clasp repairing
- Cleaning and polishing
The best stores that offer estate jewelry for sale make customer satisfaction their priority.
They serve customers with only exceptional jewelry to make them feel proud of their decision and make the happy feeling last a lifetime.