“What new technology does is create new opportunities to do a job that customers want to be done.” – Tim O’Reilly.
With customer demands breaking the ceiling every day, the need for advanced technologies for greater automation in the manufacturing industry is high. For example, businesses can now buy high-quality 3D printers online to leverage the power of 3D printing.
3D Printing for Businesses
Contrary to popular opinion, 3D printers are not just made for personal use to pursue a hobby. Instead, they prove to be an invaluable asset for a business’s manufacturing process.
Small businesses stand to benefit the most from this cutting-edge technology. 3D printers construct components using materials that are laid out layer by layer. This contrasts with the traditional manufacturing methods that craft parts by removing material from a large block.
How Are 3D Printers Advantageous to Businesses?
Let’s take a look at the most striking merits of the application of 3D printers for manufacturing purposes:
- Custom Design – 3D printers use a computer design file as input. This allows for greater creative freedom and will enable businesses to create custom parts to cater to customer requirements.
- Fast Printing Process – The mechanism inside a 3D printer enables rapid fabrication of the part with no need to start multiple machines to manufacture a particular component.
- Reduction in Expenses – As the construction process does not require several machines and doesn’t even require a person to oversee the printing process, the cost of manufacturing is significantly reduced. It makes way for more budgetary allocation to other fields.
- Industrial-grade Printing – Nowadays, the 3D printers available on the market can construct parts using engineering-grade materials such as PEEK, PEKK, Ultem, Carbon fiber, etc. Parts made from these materials are durable enough to be used in industries requiring high-performance components.
- Multiple Iterations – 3D printers can be used to produce parts with slight modifications in the design file rather than modifying the manufacturing equipment settings. This allows for easy prototyping of the product in different variations.
Which Businesses Benefit from 3D Printing Technology?
Enterprise-level businesses have established methodologies that enable quicker and large volume manufacturing. However, small and emerging businesses may not possess the necessary infrastructure.
3D printing is particularly beneficial to businesses from these sectors:
The option to buy high-quality 3D printers online has provided the necessary impetus for small businesses and startups to compete at the level of established companies.