E-commerce, or electronic commerce in general terms is the direction of business activity when providing customer goods and services process is performed by means of the internet and electronic devices. This type of communication and finalization of sales adds several new aspects to managing data, advertising, presentation of goods and services, sales channels and a whole lot more. It enables the full commerce operations cycle, such as delivery, payments, and refunds. A great example of e-commerce that is very popular and highly used nowadays is Shopify. Today, there is plenty of demand for Shopify app development.
E-commerce website development has become a very lucrative business venture for software development companies and individuals. When it comes to e-commerce, it’s also important to understand that selling goods once through a mobile app or a website is the minimal program of action. The object to be achieved is simple and clear, and that is to reach the e-commerce platform and purchase items and services on offer.
THE USER EXPERIENCE
UX or user experience design is the process in which the design teams use for creating products that offer relevant and meaningful user experiences. This covers designing the whole process of product acquisition and integration, including aspects of design, branding, function, and usability.
Make no mistake about it, positive user experience is a major thing when it comes to user retention. With e-commerce, the four major aspects of UX are very clear, and these are:
- The nature of the product is where utility lies. Users are able to choose and purchase goods and services.
- Usability means a clear and easy customer journey, without time lost on loading pages, unnecessary clicks, and frustration of not getting feedback from the system, inconvenient menu and so forth.
- Accessibility means bringing up design that could be used by various user categories. Take for instance disabled persons or those with low tech literacy.
- Desirability means that the application would have the look and feel that makes the experience enjoyable and users would want to get back to again and again.
[Image Source- Freepik]
PURPOSE AND VALUE OF USER EXPERIENCE IN E-COMMERCE APP AND WEBSITE
The number priority of an e-commerce site, such as Shopify is to generate sales. And the biggest hindrance to achieving this is the rate is shopping carts being abandoned. Shopping cart abandonment means that visitors leave the online store without purchasing anything. At present, 69.89 percent of online shoppers abandon shopping carts.
Of course, an online store can’t do much about visitors leaving the website without buying, for reasons such as disinterest in the products or not ready to purchase. But what about those who are ready to purchase, why are they leaving?
Bad UX is the main reason why visitors abandon their shopping carts and the website altogether. Some visitors may be able to put up with a lot if the site is selling truly unique products. However, if the competitors are selling similar or comparable products and providing an easier way to make a purchase, obviously the average buyer would opt for the easier one.
There is a myriad of e-commerce websites crowding the online space these days. Thus, the services of a Shopify developer are in huge demand. Shopify is one of the most popular online shopping stores around. With so many websites offering the same products and services, as well as offering the same payment and shipping options, it could be difficult to keep up with the competition.
[Image Source- Freepik]
THE INVALUABLE USER EXPERIENCE
UX is critical for the simple reason that it tries to fulfill user needs and requirements all the time. Its aim is to provide positive experiences, which keep customers happy and loyal to the brand or product.
HOW UX DESIGNERS WORK
- Research phase. Most UX designers spend a great amount of time doing research. It helps to determine visitors and their behaviors, the way they navigate via an existing system wherein to face their problems and their feelings when interacting with products. The key reason to do this research is that there are some instances when what is considered intuitive actually won’t work for website visitors, thus research and survey is a must for design success.
- Definition phase. Designers define an idea based on the findings from their research and make a clear brief.
- Actual design phase. This is the most critical task, in which concepts are created based on ideas, tested and iterated as needed. This phase helps web designers improve the overall store experience with a trial and error approach.
Rooney Reeves is working as a Business Development Executive at – eTatvaSoft, a Shopify Development Company. Check this for more about the upcoming Shopify related news. She always accepts challenges and puts some effort into it. She loves to write and spread her knowledge through writing. Follow her on Twitter.