How to Employ WordPress In eCommerce Website Creation
eCommerce is in a continuous ascent in this cutting-edge competition and powers around 45% of the total web population. This is the increasing number of people using the Internet to shop for any product or service. This can easily conclude that eCommerce is the future of the current business.
eCommerce solutions are broadly categorized into 2 basic versions, i.e., hosted and self-hosted. Here, WordPress tops the chart by preceding the rest available versions, namely Magento, Prestashop, and OpenCart.
Although WordPress is a full-fledged platform, online shopping features can be embedded into a WordPress-powered website along with the familiarity and power of WordPress. No matter how many rich eCommerce tools you use, the worth results can be attained by using a bevy of plugins that can help you create an extraordinary e-store.
Why WordPress is an eCommerce Leader
WordPress emerged initially as a blogging platform but expanded its wings as a complex gateway to create and handle any website. It allows complete control over your website that allows working with it as a piece of cake.
With WordPress, you can combine your online store with other purposes like portfolios, blogs, or corporate pages. Also, there are many tools, themes, plugins, and integrations available to add more value to your website.
From the above example, WordPress is ruling the eCommerce world by holding about 67% of the total websites available over the web that uses a CMS. Joomla stood next to it with an 11% ranking, followed by Drupal with a 7% share.
Go Ahead With Your eCommerce Business by Following Steps.
Read on to find out a simple and easy-going process to move further in boosting the overall functionality of an online WordPress store-
- Integrate Shopify to Boost Up Your E-store
Shopify is one of the commonly used hosted eCommerce solutions listed in the top 10 names and used by about 9% of the major eCommerce websites.
Whether you want to sell online, social media, or any store, Shopify made it all a perfect eCommerce platform that comes with hosting integration.
It is easy to integrate Shopify within WordPress with the use of a plugin. There are plenty of other features that make it worth powering your eCommerce store-
- Shopify ensures your security at par.
- It is a cost-effective solution.
- More than 100 designs, including both free and paid versions.
- Apart from WordPress, there are several other integrations to work for, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- An easy-going set up the process where you need to plugin with WordPress.
- It is a neat eCommerce solution to give a head-start to your store.
- Configure WooCommerce to Amplify Your Website Performance
WooCommerce is a smart plugin that can be beautifully used to add eCommerce functionality within an e-store.
This lets you host your own eCommerce solution as being the most customizable eCommerce platform over the web.
A unique association of WordPress with WooCommerce can help beautifully in selling plenty of digital and physical products, services, customizations, and other people’s products as an affiliation.
There is a lot more you can get with this plugin-
- The functionality of WooCommerce can be expanded with other plugins.
- It is a good solution for configurable results.
- A wide helpful community.
- An assortment of themes, both free and paid, from which many of them are from third-party developers.
- It is easy to set up your own WordPress security.
- Look for a Good Hosting Provider
Undoubtedly, WordPress is a good choice to build an online store of your choice. You can guarantee the maximum success of your business with utmost configurability and ease of use. The only thing you need here is a reliable hosting provider.
One of the good examples of a powerful hosting provider is SiteGround, which is
- eCommerce optimized
- contains free CDN and caching options
- includes free application installation
- offers great support and security
- Add WP eCommerce Plugin for Your WordPress Website.
WP eCommerce is the perfect WordPress plugin with strong and supportive community support. It treats all the posts as an item page. So, it is suggested to delete all your posts and pages of trash. An uncategorized category should also be named to something meaningful.
Go to the Product menu and Store section in Settings, where the Product menu is used to insert fresh items while Store contains plugin-related settings.
- Add eCommerce Options To a Website
3 components can transform a simple website into an eCommerce store, namely-
- product pages,
- shopping cart,
- checkout process.
You can add utmost eCommerce functionality into a general website using a plugin (most probably WooCommerce).
The next step is to display products by giving search engine-friendly URLs to your products and product categories.
- Preparing individual product pages is yet another important element you need to embed. This is a cakewalk when you use a quality theme as you will not face any difficulty while working on a particular page.
- You can adjust the amount of text used in individual product descriptions.
- This will ensure visually perfect items with no blank spots to misguide the buyer.
- The shopping cart is also prepared with Dashboard/Pages where you have to use a full-width layout for easy view.
Last Phase- An Easy Checkout
Checkout is an integral part of an eCommerce website to give buyers a flawless path to finalize their orders and make payments.
The basic logic for a checkout page is to keep it full-width and clean so that the people will not get distracted by the other things.
The default look of the page must be like below –
Although WordPress was not made to build high-class shopping stores, the advancement of technology has moved it to the next level. Its high-end popularity allows developers to overlay a simple program with bulky plugins and themes to make it work for eCommerce. It has all the functionalities to rule the eCommerce world in the future.
This writing piece is an effort of David Meyer, an expert WordPress developer, and writer at CSSChopper. He loves to write informative WordPress blogs to make worldwide readers aware of the effective PSD to WordPress theme conversion services for creating engaging e-stores.