SMS (Short Messaging Service) is always the most preferred form of sending messages to users. Apart from being a basic feature in every mobile phone, the SMS service does not need an internet connection for users to receive and read messages. Moreover, SMS can be read anytime and anywhere. Users do not have to stop their work or wait at a particular location to receive messages.
Business enterprises use SMS services regularly to send important updates to customers and the target audience. From sending notifications about orders and deliveries to sending clickable links that take users to the business website, an SMS can be used as a complete communication and marketing tool.
So how do business enterprises send SMS to users? Using a mobile phone to send individual or bulk SMS is a complex and time-consuming task which is why business enterprises send SMS via the API (Application Program Interface) platform provided by companies that integrate the business system with the SMS gateway.
The phone number database is linked with the API to facilitate the enterprises to send messages to users using a web application instead of a mobile phone. The companies handle the carriers’ complexities, ensuring the telecommunication protocols are handled.
Use SMS API Services to Send Messages to Customers
Let us look at the services the companies provide to business enterprises in sending SMS to users and tracking the delivery reports.
Private SMS Communication
- Private SMS communication helps seamlessly book appointments, confirm deliveries, send service reminders, and pay due dates.
- Exclusive offers can be sent to individual users based on their purchase history.
- Send messages to phone numbers anywhere in the world.
Sending Messages at the Right Time
- Use the notification templates to send messages about bookings and shipping at the appropriate time.
- Keep customers updated about the orders they book.
Promote the Product
- Use the SMS feature to send promotional messages to customers and the target audience.
- Send messages about new product launches and revamp existing products and services.
Run campaigns to promote a product or service by highlighting its benefits.
- Promote the brand by scheduling discounts and deals on purchases.
- Cross-promote a product or service by sending targeted SMS to people who use similar products.
Authenticate the Number
- Two-factor authentication sends users confidential information such as OTP (One Time Password.
- Allow users with registered or authenticated phone numbers to log in and complete transactions without additional passwords or apps.
- There will always be instances when a message has failed to be delivered to a phone number for various reasons. The number of people not being active is one of the major causes.
- But when a message has to reach the users, the platform will automatically re-route the message to the alternate number provided in the database.
- SMSes are sent using existing templates. The variables are changed to include individual details in the messages.
- Automatic Unicode translation allows customers to experience the best format of messages.
- Shortcode is a format of the sender name that is displayed when users receive a message.
- Shortcode includes characters instead of the 10-digit phone number registered by the business enterprise.
- Shortcodes can be customized to make it easier for users to recognize the brand. It is one way of promoting the product.
Allow Two-Way Messaging
- Allow users to reply to the messages, creating a chat-like experience.
- Take feedback, allow to schedule services, etc.
Send Long Texts
- Send long messages to users without splitting the message into parts.
- Long messages (much beyond the specified character limit) can be sent without including an embedded link or an email.
- When businesses send SMS via API, the company that offers the service monitors the process, provides data security, and provides role-based access control.
About Ashly William:
Ashly William is a freelance writer with years of experience creating content for varied online portals. Her content has been published in many national and international publications. She loves to write about business services and Technology.