Powerful Tips On How You Can Use Content To Generate More eCommerce Sales
eCommerce websites are used daily by millions of people to buy products they’ve been looking for. Unfortunately, it can be challenging for some eCommerce businesses to generate the sales and conversions you’re hoping to achieve to gain more profits in your pocket with such high competition. If you run your eCommerce website, this expert guide will give you the rundown on the top ways you can use content to your advantage to help gain you more sales. Let’s take a look now.
Best Sale Generation Tips Using Content
- Incorporate Reviews On Product Pages
Product reviews are one of the most influential pieces of content that you can use on your eCommerce website. With unlimited access to the internet and different sources of sellers of the same product, potential customers rely more on product reviews to help them high-quality source products from respectable businesses. When incorporated within your eCommerce website, you have the potential to double your sales. Why, you ask? In simple truth, it lowers the risk of your customers leaving your website to find reviews. If your customers leave your website searching for reviews, there’s no guarantee that they’ll return to your site or a competitor’s site. When incorporating reviews on your website, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Place reviews in a tab on the product page that the reviews are related to. This allows instant checking of reviews without your potential customer leaving your site.
- Ensure you place both good and bad product reviews on the site to help customers make a more informed decision on a product. You don’t want to showcase only positive reviews, and the product doesn’t live up to its standard. This will only affect your reputation as a business.
- Give the ability for customers to add their reviews if possible. This will help your customers have a voice and allow them to feel more connected with your company. This can result in more sales at a later date.
Product reviews are powerful. Don’t disregard them on your eCommerce site, as you could be losing out greatly.
- Generate A Powerful Blog
A blog on a website is another way you can generate more sales from your website if you create and upload the right content. Blogs are designed for business owners to help share important information with their customers and readership. However, you don’t want to generate boring content. Here are some helpful tips on creating a powerful blog that drives more sales.
- Write about product tests, guides on using a product, or relevant and informative information about a product you are selling.
- Write content about a specific niche in your industry that is of interest to your readership. When writing, keep it detailed with plenty of information and take away points. The whole idea of a blog is for the reader to learn something from it.
- Make sure the blog doesn’t have any duplicate content. Duplicate content makes it hard for Google to rank your website against the other sites with the same content. This can hurt your website rankings greatly, which won’t help your chances of getting to the first page of Google. Copyscape.com can be used to help detect duplicate content.
- Creating an even white balance of text and white space to make your writing more appealing. This can be done by adding subheadings, paragraphs, and bullet points. Avoid large blocks of texts as this will cause reader fatigue and make your readers lose their place when reading your content.
- Add images that are related to the content that you’re writing about. The images need to be royalty-free to use images and should be of the highest quality for the best effect. Low-grade images tend to make the content appear unprofessional.
- Check your content for grammar and spelling mistakes. Spelling mistakes make your content tacky and will drop your reputation greatly. Triple check for grammar and spelling errors before uploading to your eCommerce site.
A blog is a great way to get important information across. By developing a powerful blog, you have the potential to improve your sales by giving your readers more information, thus building more trust overall.
- High-Quality Product Descriptions
Product descriptions are another important content piece that is vital to your sales success. Product descriptions tell your potential customers about the product you’re selling. Without a high-quality product description, you’ll find that you’ll have trouble selling your products. If you take a moment to think about it, why would you buy a $200 product if you only have one line telling you about the product? You wouldn’t purchase it, would you? Neither would your customers. Instead, when generating high-quality product descriptions, here are some things to think of.
- Keep spelling and grammar correct when writing product descriptions. If a mistake is detected in the content, your potential customer will shy away instantly.
- Write a description that is between 150-300 words. Of course, you can write longer product descriptions, but you’ll find that your readers are only looking to skim over the content to find whether it will do the job they need it to.
- Use bullet points to help highlight any key important specifications or features. In addition, bullet points allow readers to scan the content much easier.
- Write unique content that passes plagiarism checkers. For example, if you have 10,000 products, you’ll have to write 10,000 new product descriptions. Avoid using the manufacturer’s descriptions as much as possible. Use Copyscape.com to check for duplicate content.
- When writing the content for your product description, make sure you highlight the benefits. For example: ‘This double pram offers reflectors, a hand brake, and a fold-down design’ isn’t as appealing as ‘The reflectors on this double pram provide high visibility when walking in low light conditions for extra safety. The handbrake function helps to secure the pram more successfully on sloped surfaces while the easy fold-down design allows for easy storage at short notice.’
Good quality product descriptions are essential for an eCommerce website to improve its sales. If your product descriptions aren’t up to scratch, it’s time to revamp them accordingly.
Content, when used right, can have a powerful effect. If you take the time to work on these three key areas, you’ll be able to help boost your sales greatly over time. So are you ready to revamp your content?
Aaron is the co-founder of Studio 56 and is a passionate digital marketing expert who has worked with some of Australia’s largest digital marketing agencies. He has been working in the digital marketing field for ten years. Aaron loves to travel the world to not only enhance his cultural experiences but learn and enhance his skills in the digital marketing industry. He is dedicated to helping others reach their online marketing goals.