In the meantime, three years have passed since the second version of the successor to the globally popular and dominant online shop system Magento came onto the market. Time to conclude why Magento 2 is taking e-commerce platforms even further. An exciting look at a software that has established itself with some useful innovations in companies from ambitious start-ups or SMEs to large international corporations and can be flexibly adapted to every requirement. After three years, has Magento 2 just been a mild breeze, or are the advantages of Magento 2 the storm taking online retail to new heights?
Some successful companies worldwide have now had their online shop created with Magento 2 or have fundamentally revised them. Magento 2 aims in particular to provide new, simple tools for customer loyalty, to make navigation and to handle much more comfortable, to generate targeted click figures, and to increase sales.
When we talk about the advantages of Magento 2, however, the great legacy must not be forgotten – keyword scalability: Just like Magento 1, the more modern version is also suitable for first steps in online trading as well as for online platforms or relaunches, thanks to its superior scalability want to manage several thousand products and millions of clicks smoothly!
Magento 2 offers clear advantages because online shop operators and web developers now work much faster and more clearly. Fast, cost-efficient work is one of the pluses of Magento 2 compared to the first version. The new framework allows developers to make entirely new and more in-depth extensions to map a store on many end devices with the greatest possible user-friendliness. In the age of tablets and smartphones, this offers customers added value that should not be underestimated.
Advantages of Magento 2 Open Source – flexible, extensive, and free of charge
For Magento 2, like Magento 1, a paid version is available. However, Magento 2 also offers all the decisive second-generation developments in its free open source version. As before, the free version can be downloaded and adapted to individual requirements by professional developers. The new Magento offers a robust and comprehensive online shop solution that is faster, more efficient, and more flexible than ever before.
The advantages of Magento 2 in detail:
- The new basic structure: For experienced developers, making more far-reaching changes and adapting the online shop to customer requirements is possible. The software architecture was optimized in favor of scalability and flexibility.
- Open Source: Of course, the second version of the Open Source Edition remains very flexible and can be adapted to most of the wishes of shop owners
- Ten times faster than Magento 1: Various improvements to shop performance such as full-page caching are already integrated into the basic structure of Magento 2 to display all data and changes more quickly and thus reduce the server load. Another advantage of Magento 2 is that additional improvements such as Varnish can be used. That promises even better performance.
- Extensions and even more extensions: With Magento 2, experienced online shop operators can easily install pre-made extensions or themes independently of developers. You should consult a professional Magento development company and take support since, even with supposedly minor changes; the devil is sometimes in the details. If not appropriately implemented, small problems can lead to significant issues.
- Better SEO: The topic of SEO remains an art in itself, but we also see clear advantages of Magento 2. Given the growing competition in online retail, there are more options for meta tags for individual products, categories, and shop pages. For a real-time advantage, especially with thousands of products, Magento 2 automatically generates meta tags from data that has already been entered.
In its Open Source Edition, Magento 2 also offers developers some new features that bring decisive advantages. Various integral components such as the knockout framework, command-line interface, a rollback system, or even the adaptive CMS of Magento 2 now offer the possibility of finding faulty code more efficiently. Changes are made automatically by the script instead of time-consuming individually. Unwanted far-reaching changes are reset with just a few clicks without loss of data or functionality of the online shop. All of this saves valuable time and budget, both in the initial implementation and in the necessary regular maintenance!
Despite all the improvements, Magento 2 remains a professional system in its new iteration, whose easy operation is fun when a professional Magento eCommerce development company accompanies the initial installation and executes proper development work according to your requirements. Then Magento 2 unfolds its full flexibility.
Magento 2 is taking the right step further into the future with all the functions that made Magento 1 the world market leader in online shop systems. It is safer, faster, and more flexible for developers and agencies, and you as the operator and user.