Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the methods you can use to rank your website on top of Google and other search engines. Unfortunately, SEO is one of the most volatile practices, and every year, something new comes up that plays a significant role in helping you rank. It changes just like Google keeps changing its ranking algorithms.
A lot is happening in SEO, and you want to ensure you are always up to date to make sure everything is under control. These are some of the trends you should look out for in 2022.
1- Video SEO Will Continue To rising
Google has a lot to offer you in 2022 if you are into video SEO. The search engine has announced the launch of two new structured data – the Clip Markup and the Seek Markup- all meant to help video content appear on the search results, highlighting the key moments.
Key Moments are already being applied on YouTube. All platforms that host video are expected to follow suit in the future.
The Clip Markup is designed to show Google the timestamps in your video. Alternatively, the Seek Markup is also designed to communicate to the Google search engine. These two markups are important if you look forward to increasing CTR to your video content via the search results page.
2- eCommerce SEO Automation Will Increase
In the last couple of years, we have automated quite a significant number of SEO tasks. In 2022 we should expect more doors to automate different tasks. As a result, you can expect the quality and quantity of AI-generated tasks to increase in 2022, creating a bigger challenge for search engines to weed out spammy content.
To roll out site changes, more and more industry-leading tools have introduced automated features that can roll out site changes. By automating SEO workflows, marketers have been able to spare more time to work on performance and other marketing tactics to boost site performance on search engines.
3- Mobile-Friendliness Will Remain Vital
If you want your website to become an authority in the industry, you should start thinking about driving mobile traffic your way. Mobile traffic has already surpassed desktop by far. In 2020, mobile traffic accounted for at least 55% of internet traffic, and only 42% came from desktops.
Mobile users are growing day by day, and it has become vital for marketers to ensure their websites are mobile-friendly. As Bing Digital states in this blog, Increasing usability on mobile devices will remain a key for more conversions.
Back in 2018, Google announced mobile-friendliness indexing. This means that the search engine is now considering mobile versions of websites to rank them on search results.
Mobile friendliness is now considered the most important factor when indexing websites. Therefore, all websites published after July 1, 2019, must comply with mobile friendliness to rank well on search engines.
These are some of the tips you can apply if you want to make your website mobile-friendly:
- Avoid using too many videos and images on your website
- Improve your website loading speed
- Choose a website design that loads easily on all screens
- Create large and noticeable CTA buttons on your website
- Improve readability on your website by using large font size for texts
4- User Intent Optimization Will Remain The Key
It would be best to focus more on user intent when discussing top SEO trends for 2022—talk of how you can optimize your website to start focusing more on user intent. In 2021, internet users will be more specific on what they are looking for when they search the internet. They want to be more specific with their questions and expect accurate answers from the websites they visit.
Data is set to play a vital role in optimizing the customer experience. As a result, the role of data analysts in companies will continue to rise in importance. As a result, candidates with a data science degree will be in high demand to interpret large data sets into actionable insights.
When creating content to publish on your website, you should start thinking of how your target audience will be looking into that content for answers to their questions. How does the content of your website give your customers the answers to the questions they are looking for?
When you focus on giving solutions to your target audience, you bring more organic traffic to your website, ensure visitors stay longer on the site, and build trust with your target audience.
5- Email Marketing Will Remain The Most Cost-Effective Channel
Email marketing has been a significant marketing tactic for the past four decades. As we enter 2022, we should expect increased demand for email marketing tools. Here are some trends marketers should watch out for in email marketing.
- Data privacy: There are already regulations and policies that govern how companies collect and use data in marketing, which is likely to challenge marketers in 2022. However, since most email marketers are experienced, we should expect to see them adapting to the new requirements fast and delivering effective and impactful campaigns in 2022.
- Personalization: In 2022, there will be more stringent rules on the collection and use of consumer data, but we can still expect marketers to focus more on targeting, segmentation, and personalization in their marketing.
- Performance marketing: Most marketers will shift from using traditional metrics like Open Rate to easy-to-track metrics like click-through rates (CTR). Marketers will be more interested in sales and conversions driven by their email campaigns.
- Artificial intelligence (AI): AI has come from far, and in 2022, we should expect marketers to start using AI tools to write and rewrite marketing content like subject lines and CTAs. AI is expected to improve marketing performance in many ways.
The year 2022 is here with us, and as we wrap up the calendar, businesses should start focusing on the new SEO trends that can help them rank up. The five SEO trends discussed here are a perfect place to start your journey to making your website and business an authority in the industry.
Focus more on creating highly engaging and informative content. Offer your target audience what they are looking for. This is the easiest and most popular way to gain organic traffic and market your business on search engines.