Are you planning to develop an online store and click around the web to search for the best platform to build on? Finally, we can bring your search to an end. Through this article, you’ll explore the richness of the world’s most popular eCommerce platform, Magento. Magento is a leading CMS and the fastest growing eCommerce platform today, used by most eCommerce stores. I chose Magento for eCommerce development, from big brands like Samsung, Olympus, Vizio, Nestle, and Nike to millions of mid-sized and small businesses globally.
Top 5 Reasons To Build Magento Powered eCommerce
Magento dominates the eCommerce industry by around 26%, and there are some strong reasons behind such large adoption and popularity. So come, let’s Explore the top 5 reasons:
- Easy Integration with Free Extensions, Themes, and Modules: Magento is an easy to integrate CMS, which is a perfect choice to develop an eCommerce store. To flawlessly run an eCommerce store, we need various third-party integrations such as Shipping services, Payment gateways, Database access, and Google support, which Magento can easily handle. Furthermore, with the constant increase in Magento users, the community thrives to enrich the Magento repository with updated modules, extensions, and themes, making it a great choice.
- Flexible and Scalable: It helps create appealing websites that correspond to different access devices, giving users a unique shopping experience. Magento offers brilliant browser compatibility. Magento-powered websites scour and find both – desktop and mobile browsers. Hence, it is browser compatible too.
- Open Source – Cost Effective: Magento’s community edition is open-source software that can be downloaded for free. Many big and small businesses choose Magento to meet their needs, and it is affordable for businesses of any size. However, the Enterprise Edition is very complex and may prove costly.
- Search Engine Optimization: Magento was built to be SEO friendly, and it offers various SEO features to optimize your website. It is preloaded with search-friendly URLs, layered navigation, sitemaps, meta tags, and descriptions. As a result, you can easily drive traffic to your store flawlessly, syncing with your store optimization needs and generating SEO-friendly URL structures. This augments visibility on the web and helps you reach your potential customers. You can also add meta descriptions to your product pages through the admin panel to further heighten your SEO.
- Supports Mobile Commerce: While building an eCommerce store, the priority must be the responsive layout and device compatibility. Magento is the best option in this context. Both Enterprise and Community editions of the Magento eCommerce platform are now incorporating HTML5 capabilities to make sure you have a superior mobile shopping experience. In addition, Magento-based stores offer all the features like image scaling, Gesture-based controls, drag, and drop features, making it a complete mCommerce platform. No-Doubt, Mobile optimized websites drive more sales and profits.
So, if you want to scale up your retail business, gear up to choose Magento as a building block and reach out to the greatest audience with minuscule budgets.
Author Bio: Ryan is a Magento Web Developer, eCommerce Business Analyst, and a Technical Blogger. He has been working with a leading Web Development Company in Auckland for several years. He regularly shares articles about Magento and how to Hire a Magento developer for eCommerce customization and responsive Magento web development and design needs.
Workshops for Professional Development
Join Us on LinkedIn