Project management combines skills, tools, processes, and methods to lead a team and achieve goals. It is a process that many find difficult because it involves a lot of juggling and handling multiple tasks and many people. You have to assign tasks to different individuals and find a way to ensure that each team member carries out their job diligently and on time.
Due to this difficulty, many tools are now designed to assist with project management. Many companies are discovering the potential of project management tools. A survey by Nemertes Research reveals that almost half of respondents plan to invest more money in collaboration software. This article will find a few of the best project management tools to make your work easier.
What Are Project Management Tools?
Project management tools are designed to help team members assign and manage tasks. These tools are designed so tasks can be labeled effectively and progress can be easily monitored. These tools make it easier to carry out small-scale and large-scale projects effectively.
Key Features of a Project Management Tool
Before deciding on what project management software is best for your team, there are vital features that you have to look out for. These features will help you determine what software will help your team achieve your project goals.
- Project planning and scheduling. This is the most important feature of a project management tool. Effective task management software should help you plan projects and schedules so members can see their tasks and due dates.
- Collaboration and communication. An effective tool should make collaborating on projects easier and communicating when necessary. Without this, tasks may get confused, and resolution may be even more difficult.
- Time tracking. The ability to track the progress of each project allows team leaders to monitor the hours spent on working while also making members accountable for their time.
- Reporting. Software or tools that show you reports on your team’s projects make it easier to summarize the team’s achievements, backlogs, and setbacks. This helps to show areas that need improvement and helps improve task management.
- Resource management. This feature helps to manage the team leader’s time, keep track of project resources, and identify cases of work overload. This helps to improve productivity and cost management.
Top 5 Most Effective Project Management Tools
- Gantt Charts – A Gantt chart is a project management tool that uses bar charts to display tasks and resources in a project. It assigns, monitors, and manages tasks to ensure a team achieves its goals. It is one of the most popular self-project management tools and can be used for all project plans. You can find guidelines online or take a course in a coding boot camp to understand how to use this tool.
- Trello – Trello is a web-based project management tool that assigns, manages, and tracks tasks. It is a popular, easy-to-use tool that can be used for collaboration and organization of projects using boards.
- JIRA – JIRA is another popular project management software for managing and tracking tasks. This software allows project managers to plan, assign, and monitor projects. You can also customize the software to fit your project plan and team. The software was designed mainly for agile and software development projects.
- Zoho Projects – Zoho Projects is an online project management software for small and mid-sized companies. It can be used for scheduling, assigning, budgeting, task tracking, and collaboration. In addition, it can be used for all types of project planning, including data science, software engineering, and web design.
- Asana – Asana is an online and mobile project management software designed to organize, track, and manage projects. It is a popular software many companies use globally as it encourages easy work and collaboration across teams and company-wide.
How to Choose the Best Project Management Tools
There are various project management tools, and choosing the best for your company can be difficult. Here are five things you should consider when choosing the best project management tool for your situation:
- Company and team size
- Project size
Conclusion – Project Management Tools
You’ll find managing teams and projects more effortless with the right project management tool. These tools are designed to help lift the stress of haggling with multiple tasks at once, and choosing the right one means you can now achieve your team or company’s set goals more efficiently while managing time and increasing productivity.