Application development has become an effective way to start and progress a business in rapid succession. That is why a high number of entrepreneurs and enterprises are coming up with new innovative ideas to develop applications for their businesses. This enormous demand hasn’t arisen suddenly but results from advancements in technologies and programming languages.
Amongst all other languages, Python application development is on high rise and for a good reason. It is a highly capable language that offers a vast array of libraries and Python frameworks for software development.
The advanced Python frameworks work exceptionally to automate the implementation of redundant tasks and provide quick time to market for the developing applications.
Python has an extensive set of frameworks designed with different capabilities to develop all kinds of business applications. Hence, every Python development company loves to work with it. So let us glance at some of the types of Python frameworks with their key features in this blog which will help you decide the most suitable one for your project idea.
Is Python used for Front-End Development or Full-Stack Development?
Is Python front end framework or a backend framework? This question comes more often than any other question and is asked by a plethora of people. Python is one of the finest programming languages with multiple frameworks that have enormous capabilities to design an application from scratch to ultimate.
Front-end development is referred to as a way of developing and designing the front end of an application with which the user interacts. It includes everything that is there on a web page, from its buttons, search bar, logo to the overall layout. Various frameworks, such as Vue, React JS, etc., are specifically designed to develop front-end applications.
On the other hand, backend development is related to the functioning of the app and linking it to the server or the database. When a language can create both the front end the backend of an application, it is referred to as a full-stack development.
To sum it up, Python is a full-stack development language that can effortlessly create fully functional applications for your business.
What are the Different Types of Python Frameworks?
Before moving ahead and finding the best framework for Python application development, let us first explore its types. So following are the different types of Python frameworks you need to know about:
1) Full-Stack Framework
These are all-in-one Python frameworks that are fully equipped with tools and methods for the complete development procedure of an application. They are used to create as well as maintain the client and server-side interfaces.
A variety of components and databases are included in these frameworks, such as form generators, form validation, and template layouts. Some of the prominent Python frameworks that fall under this category are Django, CubicWeb, Web2Py, Giotto, Pyramid, and TurboGears.
You can hire Python developers from various experts in the full-stack framework.
- Higher work efficiency as all the tools are available at a single source.
- Great to save money and time.
- Works best for SMEs (Small and medium-sized enterprises) as they can effortlessly handle an app’s front-end backend operations.
- They offer high scalability to the applications.
These are lightweight application development structures that have a defined range of capabilities. Unlike the Full-Stack Python framework, this Python framework type doesn’t include features like database abstraction, form validation, authentication, input sanitation, and web template engine.
It is mostly used when the programmers work on a defined set of components in an application. The most famous Python microframeworks are Bottle, Flask, Dash, CherryPy, Falcon, MorePath, Hug, Pycnic, etc.
The demand to hire Python programmer that are proficient in Python microframeworks is extensive.
- Great for small projects as it greatly enhances the development speed.
- Easy to read and understand for beginner developers.
- They offer higher flexibility and versatility compared to a full-stack framework.
3) Asynchronous Framework
These Python frameworks are designed to provide a parallel computing experience for the application development and work independently from its main thread.
The framework is mainly used to build concurrent codes as the developer can easily work on the needed thread, which notifies its main thread on the occurrence of a certain activity. Some of the prevalent asynchronous Python frameworks are AIOHTTP, Sanic, Tornado, and Growler.
If you have a project that looks suitable to work with Asynchronous Python Framework, then you can hire Python developers from the best Python development company at reasonable prices.
- These can be used to improve and upgrade the already functional applications.
- They are easy to understand for teams as they neatly arrange the programming scripts.
10 Best Python Framework for Software Development
Here is the list of the ten highly prevalent frameworks.
Django is a full-stack Python framework that is widely popular and used to develop complex applications and codes fastly. It is an open-source framework that includes hundreds of vital built-in features for developing applications.
The popularity of Django is due to its ability to map the objects to the database using ORM (Object–Relational Mapping). This feature enables the code to work across multiple databases and effortlessly migrate functioning from one database to another.
- Authentication support
- Multiple Ready-to-use libraries.
- Object-relational mapper (ORM)
- Database schema migrations
- Template engine
- Support for web servers
- URL Routing
It is also a full-stack Python framework that comes with a pre-included debugger, code editor, and one-click deployment mechanism. It enables developers to build dynamic web and mobile content in Python.
It is most prominent because of its ticketing feature that sends a ticket to the developer immediately on the occurrence of an error saving their crucial time for other operations.
- Works with any web hosting platform that works with Python or Java.
- Built-in data security functions such as injection flaws, cross-site scripting, and malicious file execution.
- MVC (Model–view–controller) pattern.
- Readability of multiple protocols.
- Backward compatibility.
- Role-based access control.
It is a microframework of Python that follows a minimalistic approach for developing applications. It offers a standalone embedded multi-threaded webserver to the applications that can work with any operating system that supports Python. It is one of the oldest frameworks still relevant and heavily used for Python application development due to its great capabilities.
- Works with Android.
- Powerful configuration system.
- Flexible built-in plugin system.
- Inbuilt support for coverage, profiling, and code testing.
- Simple to run multiple HTTP servers simultaneously.
- Multiple tools for authentication, encoding, caching, sessions, static content, etc.
- 1.1-compliant WSGI thread-pooled web server
It is also a microframework of Python, which is extremely lightweight and has a modular design to develop applications. Finally, flask makes use of the Werkzeug WSGI toolkit and Jinja2 template for making its functionality functional for the developers.
The framework is fully-compatible with Google App Engine. It enables the programmers to craft a solid web application foundation and work with countless extensions without any issues.
- Inbuilt development server
- Built-in fast debugger
- HTTP request handling
- RESTful request dispatching
- Support for plugging in any ORM
- Unit testing support
- WSGI 1.0 compliance
Tornado is an asynchronous and advanced framework for Python application development that creates high-performing applications that can effortlessly handle operations for thousands of users.
It utilizes a non-blocking network I/O to handle over ten thousand connections at any given time. As a result, it is an efficient Python framework that can be used to develop business apps as well as social media applications.
- Real-time services.
- Developers can implement third-party authentication and authorization schemes.
- User authentication support
- Support for translation and localization.
- Web templating
- Productive application output.
It is a full-stack Python framework that is designed for Python application development. The framework came into existence to solve the inefficiencies of other frameworks that were used to develop mobile and web apps.
- Real-time multi-database support.
- Accessible command-line tools.
- MVC-style architecture and PasteScript templates.
- All the features of the framework are used as function decorators.
Quixote is one of the best python frameworks for web development. The main characteristics of this framework are adaptability and performance. The framework utilizes a number of Python classes and functions to develop the web pages.
The framework has enormous flexibility, which can be used to manage the sessions of an app. It has a total of three versions and is ideal for developing web-based applications.
- Simple and flexible design.
- Multiple libraries available for the analysis of an HTML form.
- Python-like syntax is used to write HTML templates.
- Support for SCGI protocol.
- Smoothly functions with any web server that supports CGI or Fast CGI.
It is a microframework of Python that has the ability to create a single source file for each application being developed. The framework was purposefully designed with the intent to build APIs.
However, its simplistic use made it prominent for building web applications. Moreover, it is dependent only on Python Standard Library and allows the programmers to work closer to the hardware. Therefore, it is suitable to build simplistic personal-use apps.
- Built-in HTTP server.
- Allows simple access from file uploads, cookies, data, and other HTTP-related metadata.
- Plugin support for multiple databases.
- Adapter support for WSGI/HTTP servers and 3rd-party template engines.
- Offers request-dispatching routes with URL-parameter support.
Falcon is one of the most prominent Python application development frameworks APIs. Unlike most other Python frameworks that are dependent on multiple libraries and tools to build HTTP APIs, Falcon offers a complete and clean design using HTTP and REST architectures to do the same.
The design of the framework is focused on achieving 100% code coverage. LinkedIn, RackSpace, and OpenStack are a few big corporations that use Falcon.
- REST-inspired resource classes.
- Cython support for speedy development.
- An extensible and highly-optimized code base.
- Upfront exception handling
- Unit testing via WSGI helpers and mocks.
- Idiomatic HTTP error responses.
Pyramid is a full-stack Python framework that focuses on developing code in a simplistic approach to developing the app with minimalistic complexity.
One of the best features of the framework is its ability to work equally well with small to large-scale applications. In addition, it supports a variety of libraries for creating features and functions for diverse business needs.
- Function decorators.
- Single-file applications.
- URL generation.
- Templating and asset specifications.
- Flexible authentication and authorization.
- Support for renderers and predicates.
Which is the Best Python Framework for Web Development?
Now that you are aware of the different types of frameworks and their features used for Python application development, it is time to decide the best-suited framework for your needs. To find, first, enlist the requirements of your project.
It must include the features required in the application, budget, and timeline for the project. Then shortlist a few companies that can do the job for you and finally select the one that is perfect for your needs.
Python frameworks provide a great set of tools to build apps with unique features and functionalities. That is why companies hire Python developers with exceptional skills and experience to refine their process of Python application development.
If you too are looking to hire a python programmer for your project idea, you may seek a professional ad. In that case, our expert team is proficient in developing profitable applications for web and mobile for businesses of all kinds.