Email marketing is a smart internet marketing method, coming with many benefits. One can reach out to the target audience effectively and quickly through email marketing campaigns involving a personal touch. These campaigns are also cost-effective and let people know more about the products and services of the company, without having to spend much.
The amount of money spent designing the email and sending it to hundreds and hundreds of recipients is significantly less than advertising through newspapers, brochures, and flyers. A simple email template design can work wonders for the company. This blog will discuss some actionable email marketing methods that are bound to bring positive results.
- Testing the subject line before delivery and sending the mail and the real person’s name always bring positive results. With the email subject line tester, there comes a free tool built into CoSchedule, which makes it very easy to optimize the subject lines and lets the sender see how it will look in the recipient’s inboxes.
Moreover, if people receive the mail from the actual person, it appears genuine and approachable. Also, getting mail from a person rather than a brand is always good as it strikes a friendly chord. For bloggers or solo consultants, the individual’s name stands for the brand, but for larger retail and B2B brands, this strategy helps build relationships.
- Most of the email service providers have the option of editing the sender field as a part of their email template design. The name of the individual who sends the email can be used as a point of contact if the recipient has any questions or queries. A personalized email also ensures guaranteed positive results as people feel that they are being treated as identities and not just numbers. Thus, emails should be more personalized by including the recipient’s name in them to generate the best results.
- Using powerful words is an age-old strategy for email template design. The subject lines should encourage the readers to take action. There are plenty of words that will encourage the readers to open the mail and read it fully. One can also experiment with numbers and statistics. Including a number in the subject line will positively influence the clicks and replies to a great extent.
There are many reasons for the same. Firstly, the numbers are concrete and are more specific about the claims and benefits. Also, when people see more numbers or statistics, they have a compelling urge to click the information and know more about it.
- A/B test subject lines should be an integral part of email template design. No study or external data point will ever be as substantial as one’s own results. Therefore, one of the best ways to know more about what will work for the audience is to do the A/B test as much as possible. The subject lines are one of the obvious email elements to split test, and most of the email providers make this task very easy.
- Creating a curiosity gap is a theory and a practice made popular by some sites that leverage the readers’ curiosity to make them click through a headline to the content. By creating a curiosity gap, there is a chance of encouraging the readers to urge to know more about the actual content.
The email template design should be created so that the answers to all the questions are not given. Surveys show that this technique drives a 927% increase in traffic, which is really humongous.
- One should make use of the available preview text. The preview texts appear in some email clients after the subject line. Usually, this space is filled with the copy from the email. Suppose there is no specified preview text. One should not leave it blank as it gives a perfect chance to make the subject line more contextual. The preview text will offer more specifics than the subject line.
- Experimenting with emojis is a creative way to chart an effective email template design. People should know that emojis are just more than fun illustrations. They are a great way to initiate people in opening emails. It has been proved that brands that use emojis have more than a 50% increase in their open rates. Other than simply depending upon some tools and software, strong writing or copywriting skills are important for proper email marketing. Good content should be an important part of email template design.
Keeping the content brief, i.e., sentences around 25 words and paragraphs under three sentences, using 17-24 characters for the subject lines, and getting to the point are musts for serving the purpose.
- Including one or more CTA or call to action should be an important part of email template design. This is a simple step to increase clicks by putting links in multiple spaces.
- For the requirement of extra links, one can add a PS. Newsletters include many links to various content sources, but if it is a plain text email, the readers should always be directed towards a single location using a PS.
Author Bio –
Sunny Chawla is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs, a Web design and Development Company helping global businesses grow by social network web design. I would love to share thoughts on Social Media Marketing Services and Game Design Development etc.