What is email marketing, and what types of email marketing are there? How to use them to write content that will meet the needs and interests of the target audience, involve it in communication, and attract new customers? Today we will introduce you to a complete guide on the types of emails, tell you how they differ and give a lot of examples.
Today, types of mailing lists are used to develop email marketing:
Below we consider them in more detail.
Selling and promotional email marketing and scholarship tips
As a rule, bulk email is explicitly used for marketing purposes to attract as many potential customers and buyers as possible. This type includes writing letters with information about current discounts and sales, the appearance of new products in the assortment, promotions, etc.
The key task of sales mailings is to interact with the client to increase the number of conversion actions performed by him.
Mass mailing of a selling type of email is suitable for an essay writing business or any other – from an online store to digital agencies. It can be both one-time and periodic.
They are not aimed at specific actions but are part of a tool for communicating with users. It could be:
- promotional letter;
- digest of events news for a certain period;
- a selection of articles or books;
- case studies, life hacks;
- product usage guide.
Content mailings differ from other types of non-commercial content. Their task is to tell subscribers what they might be interested in regularly. At the same time, links to goods, articles, or services can be placed in the body of the letter, if appropriate.
Such mailings of letters to email usually use different information resources, forums, advertising agencies. However, they are suitable for any business. Online retailers may share useful information, including links to products that may solve a problem. The scheme can easily be adapted to any area, scholarship, or else. This approach increases sales, loyalty, and email readability.
In e-commerce, they are often integrated into sales emails. This gives a good response from the audience since with the help of such emails; you can not only sell goods but also study and share useful content.
This type of mailing aims to resume or completely stop communication with subscribers. It is difficult to unambiguously determine the appropriate topic since there is always an audience whose attention needs to be returned.
These are often letters where the company says it misses you and asks you to come back. Or, through a survey, it tries to find out what content is interesting to the subscriber and why the letters are not read.
Reactivation letters are usually sent in two cases:
- you need to return subscribers and increase their activity during promotions and other limited-time activities. Writers can use such letters in conjunction with landing pages;
- It is necessary to understand the development of further interaction with users who have not shown themselves for a long time, did not make purchases, and did not even read emails.
These emails help you figure out whether to bring back inactive users. Perhaps it is better to remove them from the database and not waste more time because this is not the target audience.
They are sent automatically based on triggers after a certain event or corresponding user action occurs. For example, several days have passed since a person got into the database, a professional holiday or birthday, added an item to the cart and left, etc.
This type of mailing has proven itself well in e-commerce projects, sites for sales, and services. The information should help the user complete the action (buy the product in the abandoned cart) or push it. The letter can also contain additional options for actions on the site, which can become the basis for setting up new triggers.
The welcome chain is the most popular trigger type, which suits all resources. This series of emails helps introduce new subscribers to you and tell them how you are useful to them.
Transactional emails can be classified as trigger emails since they are sent due to certain conditions or actions of the client.
These are unique emails because they are not subject to advertising laws. They do not call to buy; they only inform the client about the receipt and payment of the order. Companies send out such letters on their initiative as a rule of good form. They do not require consent to receive commercial emails.
Postal services are loyal to such mailings; the main thing is not to spam and exclude advertising information. Transactional emails increase customer loyalty through personalization, eventually affecting sales growth.
How can transactional emails increase your target audience?
Several tricks can help solve this problem. The most popular among them:
- Application of referral marketing. It is somewhat reminiscent of word of mouth; thanks to it, customers leave their reviews recommendations and receive additional “goodies.”
- Creating content that will bring the client back to the site. This feature is handy for online stores and all organizations that operate online.
Service emails are not allowed to sell directly, but using them correctly can increase subscribers’ loyalty. In addition, properly configured trigger emails have a high open rate and rarely end up in spam.
Beautifully crafted and well-designed transactional emails with a clear CTA can significantly increase revenue.
Now you know what kind of letters you can send to your subscribers and what they are for.
There are four main types of mailings:
- Selling – the content should encourage the client to go and buy the paper, product, or service.
- Content – help to establish communication with the user and increase his loyalty.
- Reactivation – return customers and find out why the letters stopped opening at their expense.
- Trigger – in response to events and actions, may also contain content you want to share. So alternate selling and content ones, use reactivation if necessary, and with the help of trigger ones, do not leave user actions unattended.
About the author:
Melisa Marzett belongs to the team of scholarship writers who, except for writing scholarship, can write any paper on a professional level, essay, case study, and this service is what she enjoys providing very much because she likes workers and is a good person by nature.