With the new year has kicked in with a blast, the e-commerce projections for this year have a lot to offer. According to Insider Intelligence, worldwide e-commerce sales for 2022 will exceed $5 trillion despite slowing growth. They have even projected that the total spending from e-commerce might surge past $7 trillion by 2025.
This supreme rise in e-commerce sales only indicates that it’s time for you to boost your strategies by incorporating the newest trends. And if you get it right, 2022 can be the year you experience an improvement in your feeds, data, and attribution. So whether you’re a beginner starting your e-commerce business or a veteran looking to raise your traffic and sales, I’ve got your back with these six easy yet effective digital marketing strategies for 2022. So let’s get into it.
- Consider Using Micro-influencers – If you have been an e-commerce manager for a long time, you might have already experienced the importance of influencer marketing in boosting e-commerce sales. However, instead of chasing celebrities and high-profile sensations, get real with your customer base. Micro-influencers are the people you should be approaching in 2022 because their loyal following offers higher engagement by relating to their experiences and are more likely to turn into potential sales. One crucial piece of advice with micro-influencers is to run an Instagram fake followers check to avoid fraud influencers from representing your brand.
- Integrate All Social Sites – If you have not created social media accounts for your brand yet, it is high time to do so. Virtual presences on various relevant social media channels which promise organic engagement and better conversions can do wonders for your e-commerce sales targets. Plan through this before jumping the wagon and blindly signing up for giants like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Your social media presence needs to showcase an original and consistent brand image and position for maximum audience interaction across all channels.
- Optimize Your Email Campaigns – Although a traditional digital marketing strategy, email marketing still plays a vital role for many e-commerce brands. By personalizing your email templates and investing in irresistible pre-built email flows, you can establish the authenticity of your brand for your target customers. Firstly, invest more time building your emailing list to connect with your customers. Then, consider offering them attractive discounts and exclusive coupon codes as leverage to join your subscriber list.
- Start speeding up your SEO traffic – One way to begin optimizing your SEO is by performing keyword research that focuses on the search intent of your target audience. Then, with these keywords embedded relevantly in your latest content, and the advanced algorithms of popular search engines like Bing and Yandex, you can rest assured that your hard work reaches your audience sooner. In addition, both came up with a free ping service called IndexNow that informs these sites of any new content on a website. The great news is that even Google has shown interest in this service.
- Seek UGC Product Reviews – Credibility is the focus word with UGC product reviews. Trust me when I say this, with more and more people trusting e-commerce for their shopping, it is time for you to show off positive customer reviews for all your products. Genuine opinions from other satisfied customers can potentially bring in more sales by convincing your leads about the reliability of your brand. If you find it daunting and time-consuming, you could hire companies that offer to gather and curate UGC reviews for you. Just make sure they are trustworthy.
- Personalize for a Unique Customer Experience – Believe it or not, the only way to attract and retain customer attention is by offering them something they will not find elsewhere. Highlight the unique benefits they can have by becoming your loyal customer. The secret for e-commerce brands is to leverage their customers’ shopping data and track what they constantly seek to provide a customized shopping experience. That could include pre and post-sales techniques like birthday greetings, special discounts, offering related products, etc.
I understand that it’s easier said than done when brushing up on your digital marketing strategies this new year. However, the best way to do it is to choose what works best for your brand’s goals in 2022 from these six tips so that you can offer the best to your customers.