Microsoft Dynamics 365 was released on November 1, 2016, to equip businesses with robust ERP and CRM capabilities. The software deals in three major areas – marketing, sales, and customer service. Its ultimate goal is to enhance business productivity and performance and elevate customer relationships.
Business units can avail of Microsoft dynamics development services and enjoy multiple benefits and opportunities to grow their business. But, sadly, it has limitations too.
The Pros and Cons of Microsoft Dynamics 365
Here, let’s look at the benefits and drawbacks of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Instead of using multiple separate systems, you have the option to leverage the complete suite of Microsoft applications integrated as a single unit. As a result, the integration is seamless, and you can use it conveniently.
- The software delivers a holistic view of the entire enterprise by syncing various modules such as accounting, marketing, sales, inventory, purchases, customer services, etc. As a result, any user can access up-to-date data at any time.
- With Dynamics CRM development, users can create and customize workflows on their own to improve business processes.
- The cloud-powered Microsoft Dynamics 365 ecosystem ensures authorized personnel can log in to the system anytime and anywhere from a desktop with internet connectivity.
- Creating workflow automation powered by cutting-edge technologies like AI enhances the CRM’s performance.
- It caters to all sizes of businesses. So whether you are downsizing your business or growing them exponentially, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a one-stop solution.
- Developed on the Azure platform, this CRM solution abides by the data privacy legislation, is GDPR compliant, and maintains high-security standards.
- The cloud-based CRM application is easy to install and update. If you already use a CRM and want to migrate to Microsoft Dynamics 365, it provides businesses with seamless and secure migration opportunities. However, if you find the process daunting, you may contact a Dynamics 365 development company and get the necessary help.
Despite the platform’s many advantages, it also has some limitations. Unfortunately, these limitations may affect your overall business productivity, and you must take precautionary steps to overcome them.
Drawbacks of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- The software might not be one of the best CRM solutions for user-friendliness. Thus, it can take some time for users to get familiar with the portal. Therefore, businesses might have to train them to ensure no delay in any business processes.
- The price range of Microsoft Dynamics 365 software varies between $50 to $200 and even more. In addition, some of the customization along with the CRM software solution can be expensive for businesses. Therefore, businesses should use the trial period and see if this is what the business needs. If it aligns with their budget, then only they should choose it.
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 mobile application isn’t as efficient as its desktop version. Some users have reported glitches while using the app to connect with numerous apps.
These limitations and advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365 should give you an overall idea about the CRM software. Weight these points and decide for yourself if investing in such CRM software is to your benefit or not. Dynamics 365 developers can further help you with the consultation and installation process.
Summary: Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a powerful CRM solution that can help many business units. Here, look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of CRM software and decide if it is a suitable match for your business.
Author Bio: Maulik Shah is the CEO of BiztechCS, a development company. He often takes the front seat in the company’s development projects because he enjoys solving problems through technology. When it comes to writing for any blog, his contribution is priceless. Maulik ensures that his interaction with development is frequent enough and that he can share his industry knowledge ever-evolving. Despite his packed days, Maulik’s door is always open, and he is generous with sharing this knowledge and experience.