St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, which means it’s time for your small business to begin preparing for the holiday’s promotional opportunities! Check out these St. Patty’s Day marketing ideas created by Coupon Chief to begin planning your strategy.
Wondering why St. Patrick’s Day is such a big deal for your business? These consumer statistics should give you some insight:
- 57 percent of adults are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the United States this year.
- Of those, adults ages 18 to 34 (millennials) are the most likely to celebrate the Irish holiday.
- The average American St. Patty’s Day celebrator will spend an average of $40.
- About one in three Americans have plans to make a special dinner on St. Patrick’s Day.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, 152.5% more beer is sold than normal.
- Worldwide, 13 million glasses of Ireland’s favorite beer, Guinness, are sold on St. Patrick’s Day.
- For March 17, around 80 percent of American celebrators plan to wear green to avoid being pinched.
It’s clear that consumers have major purchasing power on St. Patrick’s Day. Because of this, it’s imperative that small businesses of all kinds take advantage of the holiday. Use the ideas below to work St. Patrick’s Day into your business’ marketing campaign and promotional strategy.