Like any industry, the healthcare sector is also one that can benefit from using professional SEO services to boost its brand awareness, especially considering how competitive the market is. Other reasons include a high number of searches for the services in this industry and reaching anyone without geographical restrictions.
This article will explain the benefits of using professional SEO services for the healthcare industry, explore what services are available, and provide some tips for an effective SEO strategy.
One of the biggest reasons for utilizing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the many competitors present in the healthcare industry. With the amount of time people are on the Internet, a hospital’s online presence can become a deciding factor in a potential patient’s choice. Therefore, SEO can help raise the visibility of the healthcare business and outrank the competition.
High Number Of Searches For Healthcare-Related
Did you know that about 5-7% of searches on Google are said to be healthcare-related? At first, this number may not seem like much, but when you consider that over 5 billion searches are conducted on Google daily, this amount is nothing to sneeze at. Getting your website on the first page of Google search listings strongly improves the possibility of choosing your services, and SEO is explicitly designed for that.
Not Restricted By Geography
Once a business is online, anyone with access to the internet can find its website and its brand/services. Having a well-organized and intuitive website that considers user experience can even help attract new patients outside of your local region and improve conversion rates.
What Are Professional SEO Services For This Industry?
SEO services exist for any industry. The important thing is to know if the agencies are using white hat techniques that produce results organically or black hat techniques that can appear to boost the website’s ranking quickly but can ultimately result in a penalty from the search engine. Professional white-hat link-building services are one of the most effective ways to boost the ranking of any website, as they include a wide range of activities, including manual outreach and guest blogging.
Possibly Effective Strategies
Now that we have covered the benefits of SEO for the healthcare industry (or any other industry), let’s take a look at some effective strategies that can be used to help businesses in this industry.
On-Site SEO Techniques
On-site SEO techniques are what you would need to maximize the conversion of visitors to your website. Some of them are:
- Title tags and meta descriptions – the title and description you see on SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) that are essentially the first impression a website makes on the visitor, or in this case, the potential patient.
- Image optimization – using attractive images connected to the service with relevant alt text, captions and titles can help a healthcare service to show up on Google images (especially alt tags).
- Mobile Friendliness – making sure that the website works well on mobile is important. A mobile-friendly website improves user experience and is also beneficial to SEO. Considering that many people search for quick information on mobile phones is another critical step in attracting new customers and showing professionalism and care toward the user.
- Sitemaps – files that include information about the pages and other data on your site and their relation. It lets search engines like Google know which files and pages you believe are essential. An XML (Extensive Markup Language, similar to HTML) invites search engines to crawl the links listed in the sitemap.
- Keyword research – is an essential part of SEO optimization, and if used wisely, it can be of great help to rank not only the page and blogs but also in PPC (Pay-per-click) advertising.
- URL optimization – users are usually more drawn to URLs that are neat, simple, and easy to read, which is also vital for search engines.
Off-Site SEO Techniques
On-site techniques are not the only ones that can help raise the brand awareness of a healthcare business. Off-site SEO techniques include:
- Blog articles – SEO benefits from blog posts and online articles since they present the website as a relevant response to inquiries from customers. Make them up to date and showcase your expertise to your patients.
- Press releases – a PR section on a website can display a business՛ service portfolio and help potential patients learn about your credibility.
- Link building – links are essential for enhancing your ranking on Google and other search engines. A website without links will not receive any traffic, so having backlinks that link to your services, especially on reputable pages, can improve your visibility.
- Reviews – Be mindful of reviews about your business. For example, you can create individual physician profiles on your website and provide background information. Responding both to negative and positive reviews can also benefit reputation management. Remember to keep HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) in mind.
Local SEO Techniques
Local SEO refers to the optimization of a site that targets local customers. So, for example, if a potential client searches for dentists in your area, it can help them easily find you. Here are some tips that can aid with local SEO.
- Acquire citations (online references to a healthcare organization’s name, address, and phone number). Google and other search engines utilize these when determining a business’ online authority and credibility.
- Be sure to be consistent in the naming of your healthcare workers when listing them on directories. In other words, if someone is cited as “Dr. Jonathan Smith” in one directory, he should not be listed as “John Smith, MD” in another to keep it consistent.
- Integrate CTA (Call-to-action) that will guide potential clients to your services.
- Have your address and contact information visible.
- Create a Google My Business profile so that your customers can quickly find information about your services and your address and contact information.
In conclusion, SEO can become an excellent tool for boosting a healthcare business’ recognition. A good SEO strategy will become a great investment, considering the high number of searches for such services, the competitive market, and the possibility of gaining new clients outside of the local area.
Some strategies we discussed in this article included Local, On-site, and Off-site SEO techniques. However, a few of the highlights can be considered.