Radeon software comes from the Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Semiconductor company. However, many users have reported that their Radeon graphic card creates problems with the driver.
The error occurs when you update the AMD Radeon software, it shows the error message saying, “Radeon software and driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)”. If you have no idea what to do, there is no need to worry. Fortunately, we have gathered a list of solutions that you can use to resolve the AMD Radeon software and driver error easily.
Fix the Radeon Software and Driver Don’t Match Error
Following is the list of solutions that have helped other consumers with the “Radeon software and driver versions do not match” issue. It is possible that you won’t need to try all of them; simply work your way down the list until you discover one that works for you.
Before you get started, the error notice will indicate that if you wish to upgrade the AMD Radeon driver in the Radeon software, the driver and software versions must be compatible.
If you upgrade the AMD graphics driver to the newest version but do not update the AMD software, the Radeon settings and driver versions are unlikely to match. To resolve the mismatch error, you must update the AMD Radeon software and driver to the most recent version.
Update the Drivers
The first thing is you make sure that all the drivers are updated to the latest, so they easily match. You can use two ways to update the driver; first, you will be using a third-party tool, Driver Booster PRO, to update all the outdated drivers on your computer automatically. In the second, you will learn to do the process through the Windows settings.
Update the driver automatically:
Driver Booster will locate any outdated or corrupt drivers on your computer and update them all. Follow the steps given below to get started with it:
- Get Driver Booster, install it, and run it.
- Select Scan from the menu.
- It will show you a list of drivers that require to get fixed.
- Locate the display adapters and install the latest AMD Radeon, driver. Or you can click on the Update Now option to download all the problematic drivers.
- Wait for the drivers to finish installing.After you update the AMD driver with any of these methods, the “Radeon program does not work properly with the AMD driver” error will automatically resolve.When an AMD graphics driver update fails because the “Radeon software and driver versions do not match,” Driver Booster can help you get the new driver even if you do not have the AMD Radeon software. You can also use this utility to download and update other device drivers to keep them compatible with the system if necessary.
Update the driver from the Settings:
Next time you see the “Radeon software and driver versions don’t match” error, all you need to do is follow the steps given below to resolve the problem:
- First, search Device Manager in the Start menu, and open
- Then, in the Device Manager window, Locate Display Adaptor and expand it.
- Right-click the graphic card and hit on update option
- A window will pop up, select to download the driver automatically.
Once the process is completed, Restart your computer and check if the issue is revolved.
Reinstall AMD Radeon Software
In addition to the Radeon driver, In this step, you will delete and update the Radeon software to ensure that it is compatible with the AMD driver.
To fix the “Radeon software and driver don’t match” problem, try removing the existing AMD application and downloading the most recent AMD Radeon application.
- Open Control Panel from the Start
- In the Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Locate AMD Radeon software in Programs and Features and uninstall it using the right-click menu.
Once you uninstall the AMD software, open AMD’s official site and download the most recent Radeon software for Windows 10. The newly installed AMD software will work with the AMD driver and allow you to update the AMD Radeon driver from within the software.
Fix the issue using Registry Editor
As it can be read in the error that MD Radeon software doesn’t match with the driver version, in this solution, we will show you how to check and change the driver version from the Registry editor.
Follow the steps given below to check and match the driver of AMD graphics to Radeon software from the registry editor:
- First, type dxdiag in the Start Search bar and open dxdiag.
- Next, select the Display tab (if you have numerous monitors, you may have more than one tab).
- Write down the Version in your notepad or something similar in the Drivers area (on the right).
- Type regedit into the Windows + R dialogue box and select Registry Editor.
- In the pursuit of allowing administrative authorization to make changes, select Yes.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAMDCN.
- Double-click DriverVersion and enter the version you noted from the Display tab of
- To save the changes, click OK.
Restart your computer once the process is done and see whether the ‘Radeon software and driver versions do not match’ warning notice has disappeared.
Use AMD AutoDetect tool
We suggest that you use dedicated software by AMD itself that will recognize the operating system you’re using and the appropriate display adapter and CPU driver. It will also indicate the appropriate download, ensuring that you are guided throughout the process.
Follow the steps to solve the issue using the AMD AutoDetect tool:
- The AMD AutoDetect tool is available for download and installation.
- But, first, run the software and follow the on-screen instructions to update your drivers to the latest versions.
Remove Old AMD Drivers
In the last but not the least solution, you will learn how to remove all the old versions of the AMD drivers that may be stored on your computer.
Follow the steps given below to get started with the process:
- Remove all outdated AMD Radeon drivers with the AMD uninstall program to resolve the AMD Radeon driver mismatch issue. If you’re using AMD, this will delete all AMD drivers, including the CPU AMD chipset driver. Don’t worry; you can reinstall those without affecting your computer’s functionality.
- Go to the website below and execute it as an administrator to download it.
- Here’s where you can get it: AMD Cleanup Utility Download 64 bit Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10
- After the procedure, your system will restart.
- Reinstall the newest AMD Radeon graphics drivers.
This will fix the issue of the “Radeon Graphics Version, and Driver Version doesn’t match” error on your computer; check to see if the issue is resolved.
We have listed the best solutions for the Radeon Software and Drivers Do not Match issue. However, you are recommended only to use the one fix that suits you the best and follow the steps carefully while performing any method.