How Product Visualization Can Help to Enhance Customer Experience In Your eCommerce Business
Video was a big step up for marketing from the use of static images. The next leap is product visualization or incorporation of augmented reality in eCommerce.
Technologies have matured to a level where it is feasible and affordable to incorporate product visualization in eCommerce.
- For instance, E-commerce development experts can incorporate AR with NexTech AR Solution’s AR platform that allows code to be embedded and to be integrated with Watson. AI incorporation will further enhance it with body scanning and AR holograms to make eCommerce shopping a more intuitive, personalized experience. Statista expects AR market to exceed USD 209 billion in 2022 from its present level of USD 27 billion.
- Apple’s AR kit2 has made significant progress with its visual inertial odometry blended with camera sensor data to sense movements in a room and analyze scenes. Another enhancement is Persistence and shared experiences. E-commerce development solutions from E-commerce developers can easily take advantage of the AR Kit to transform shopping experiences.
- Vuforia and EasyAR are just a couple of the various SDK kits developers employ for E-commerce for business
- Another tool E-commerce development companies favor is Google ARCore.
What buyers want
- Over 75% of buyers prefer a try-before-buy option or visualization of the product in their room or, if it is clothes, then a virtual representation of how they will look. Something like a body measurement app should do wonders for apparel e-commerce segment.
- Buyers are aware of augmented reality implementations and certainly look forward to product visualization capabilities in e-commerce sites.
- Some buyers may like to view product demos, 3D visualizations, cut-outs, and even manuals before they place an order.
- Buyers expect product visualization in product page displays, in on-site searches and a demo followed by a facility to place an order.
- Hotel and travel customers certainly appreciate the augmented reality experience.
How AR delivers in E-commerce
- There are various ways AR is implemented in E-commerce development solutions. One is a Marker-based approach to superimpose an image onto the physical world. Another way is Markerless AR in which the application recognizes attributes to help buyers preview the product in their environment. A third approach is projection based AR that uses a 3D model lit with virtual lighting to show it in different colors and help buyers decide which one they like. Using one or the other approaches e-commerce sites can rise to buyer expectations.
- With AR augmented e-commerce for business, it becomes easy to display products in the context where they will be used such as furniture and appliances or industrial equipment. This can be quite convincing and turn a visitor into a buyer.
- Product visualization reduces visitor churn. Visitors explore an e-commerce site, click on a product and journey to a point where they are ready to place an order but step back at the last moment. AR inclusion helps to reduce such visitor churn and lead them into the sales funnel.
- Product returns are a major headache for e-commerce stores and it happens in garments because the displayed product differs in size, texture, and color from what they receive. AR would reduce such incidents of product returns.
- User experience matters as much before the purchase as it does afterward. By offering virtualized demos, virtual manuals and placement of a product in a real-life environment, AR in eCommerce satisfies a potential buyer and converts him into an actual one.
That said, it is not an easy task to implement AR into e-commerce. It needs a high level of technical skills that only e-commerce development companies with expertise in AR and AI can deliver. The developer of e-commerce for business must also have a team to create and manage 3D assets, which is certainly a tough challenge since 3D experts are expensive. Still, given all the benefits of AR for e-commerce, it is unavoidable and the sooner you get started with the help of specialists in AR/AI integrated eCommerce development, the more customers you will attract and retain on your eCommerce site.