It is only a good web hosting provider that can help you to achieve your SEO goals in a much better way and also much faster as compared to a bad web hosting provider. Well, it does not need any further explanation that a bad web hosting provider will not only hinder the progress and your efforts, but it may also create a bad reputation and impression in the online world.
Therefore, it is necessary for you to know what exactly is SEO web hosting, how it affects your SEO results and if it does affect in a negative manner what you should do to remedy it. Ideally, a web hosting provider is the company that is hosts your as well as different other websites and they affect your SEO efforts and results in a number of ways.
- The term SEO web hosting does not have any formal definition because it is not a product or a procedure as such, it actually refers to a term that most people use in order to describe a web hosting provider that is SEO friendly.
- This SEO friendly provider, in reality, does not offer anything special though to boost the SEO results, it will not even do anything bad to your site that will eventually damage the SEO results.
In other words, an SEO web hosting provider is the one that does not follow any specific practices and this can, in turn, affect your SEO results in a negative manner.
The effects on SEO results
Your web hosting provider will surely affect your SEO results in ways more than one. Typically, search engine optimization is actually a set of rules that are applied to your website. This, in turn, results in more exposure to your site and creates more visibility of it to the search engines. As a result, it betters your SEO results and SERP ranks.
The set of rules that SEO follows that are related to the results and affects it, in the end, are those that involve different aspects of the site such as:
- Its performance or speed
- Its availability or uptime
- Its security and
- SEO awareness.
All these taken together will eventually rank the site high up in the search engine result pages.
Web site speed
The speed of a site is perhaps one of the most significant factors that affect the SEO results. It is also an item that affects the on-page SEO. Ideally, your site must load as fast as possible.
- This will help it to take advantage of the SEO benefits.
- In addition to that, it will also offer the users a better experience.
All of this will lead to more conversions. However, in order to make sure that the website is fast you will need to do two things:
- Find a good hosting provider that has enough resources, fast hardware, and a good data center infrastructure and
- A well-coded website that has optimized code and images.
As for the first part, you will have far less control than the second part. The provider will not be able to provide the desired speed if it does not have good hardware. It will affect the performance of your website. In such a situation the best option for you is to move on to a more trusted provider.
Web site availability
This is another factor that will affect your search engine rankings. Web site availability plays a significant role in influencing Google to redirect users to the site that are not available. It is for this reason that Google checks and even removes it from their index websites at least temporarily, especially those that have availability issues.
Ideally, SEO companies like New York SEO Company and others focus on the availability of the site website, though it is considered to be the responsibility of web hosting providers. Failure to do it will seriously damage your online reputation.
In the worst-case scenario, it may so happen that this happens while you are sleeping. If you do not have a proper website monitoring tool in place and use, then you will surely lose a lot of customers and traffic.
It is essentially required that you make your site absolutely secure for the users so that you provide a better user experience. However, you may take all necessary measures to secure it but if the hosting provider does not do the same then it will be not of any use.
- In such situations, your site will be at serious risk of being hacked creating a bad experience and frustration not only for you but for your users as well.
- In addition to that, any website that is not secure will not only be infected by malware but it will also not be ranked high on the SERPs.
Such issues should be resolved fast so that Google does not mark your site as ‘not secure’ and may even result in de-indexing, domain blacklisting, and other penalties. All this will not only reduce your site rank but will also cause a serious dent in your online reputation.
Little or no knowledge of the hosting provider about SEO and its basic principles will make them do things that will seriously damage your efforts. The most significant issue is that they will even not know what they are doing and how much they are damaging your SEO efforts.
- The hosting provider may restrict The Google bot in the robots.txt which is the most SEO unfriendly move that any web hosting provider can make.
- On the other hand, the provider may also shut down your site if it has a lot of traffic that their infrastructure may not be able to handle.
- It may also ask the webmasters to remove a few plugins that may be extremely useful for you to connect with the users such as Live Chat.
Therefore, when you hire a web hosting provider for your site make sure that they not only promise of unlimited resources but also have the necessary infrastructure to handle the extra load.
Knowing How Web Hosting May Affect SEO Results