Gooten helps you source the right products at the right price for your growing eCommerce business
at Gooten (View all jobs)
Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing easily. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across many stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing, and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As one of the Gooten Engineering Managers, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of highly skilled engineers that are actively working on our Platform. This will include overseeing project planning, development, as well as career growth of each team member.
The Gooten platform handles thousands of complex print-on-demand orders each day leveraged by our in-depth product creation, order management services, integrations, and dynamic routing. Our store owner partners enjoy our platform to consolidate their many eCommerce shops and our speed to deliver through our globally distributed vendor network.
We’re looking for a proven leader who will foster the growth of a diverse engineering team while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. It would be best to be motivated, extremely knowledgeable about systems engineering and shipping software with high quality on time. This is a fully remote role.
How you’ll power eCommerce:
- Hire, lead and manage a distributed Engineering team of 7+ engineers
- Be responsible for the Software Development process
- Work closely with Product Management to define product requirements and develop the execution plan to meet those requirements
- Build, own, and operate reliable software experiences, systems, and services
- Establish and maintain technical specifications
- Remove impediments and ensure consistent team delivery
You should have:
- 10+ years as a software engineer with operational experience leading high-performance engineering teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, release-able, user valued features
- Capacity to navigate between business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to lead, inspire, and mentor skilled engineers
- Proven experience leading teams in Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with all/some of our tech stack: .NET/C#/Clojure/React/MSSQL
- Familiarity with all/some of our tools: Github/Jenkins/Azure/Jira/Portfolio
The essential stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great cross-team cooperation level. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits, including educational development budgets, insurance coverage, and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.
Software Development Manager Remote
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.