Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing easily. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across many stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing, and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As the Controller at Gooten, you’ll focus on continuing to design and implement an effective internal control environment, maintaining high technical accounting standards, and managing Gooten’s tax strategy. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, you will expand upon our existing accounting organization and provide financial guidance across the board. This is a fully remote role, and you will be working with teammates across Europe and the Americas.
How you’ll power eCommerce:
- Own the monthly financial close process and associated activity to deliver reporting to management, shareholders, regulatory agencies, and the Board of Directors
- Coordinate and manage the external audit process
- Manage and coordinate all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including sales tax research, collection, and remittance
- Own and improve processes across the Finance organization
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements
- Contribute to assessment and implementation of ERP and other key accounting systems
- Monitor and analyze operating results against budget and provide recommendations for improvement
You should have:
- 7-9 years of relevant experience, preferably within a high growth organization and with at least 2-3 years in a management role
- Deep expertise in accounting policies and procedures with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP compliance as well as internal controls, internal and external reporting, and tax
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Experience with sales tax software (specifically Avalara or similar)
- CPA and/or previous Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience in eCommerce or retail preferred
The essential stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great cross-team cooperation level. We are a globally distributed team with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits, including educational development budgets, insurance coverage, and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.
Controller at Gooten Remote
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.