Social media users often desire to get more fame and stay in the limelight, which is why they try hard to get a blue check on their profiles. It needs more followers and positive feedback from the audience to get verified on Instagram. The verified account shows the importance and authenticity of profiles, which can be easily accessed by other followers if they intend to search them on Instagram.
- Blue check on Instagram:
It is a verified blue colored check which appears next to the name of the Instagram user. The Instagram community verifies an account if a user tries to search for it in the search bar, and that account shows up with a blue check next to its name. Most celebrities, politicians, and other public influencers have verified accounts on these social networking sites, which reflects their public fame worldwide.
- Why get a verified profile?
The urge to get a verified account is quite common in people nowadays as everyone wants more fame, more likes on the content they upload on their profiles. A strong fan base or more audience is also a leading factor that creates a desire to get a blue check on their social media accounts.
- Requirements for applying for verification:
Before applying for a verification process on Instagram, one needs to know all the requirements that need to be fulfilled. Instagram has its own terms and conditions for this procedure as it asks for a few things that really count or matter in the process of verification.
- The user who intends to apply to get a blue badge on Instagram must have an authentic account, which means he must provide his real identity or must provide proof that his business is registered,
- The user must make sure that only a profile per person at a time can be verified. If a person tries to verify two accounts, it will be discarded by Instagram as it will be considered fake verification. The real details and identity of a person are limited to one account only, so Instagram only allows the verification of one account per person.
- The account should not be private as it will not let the audience see the photos and videos being uploaded on that particular account. The account must be public so that more audience is attracted to that account. Other than that, the user must write an appropriate bio and keep his followers engaged by regularly updating his profile.
- Finally, the users must have a huge number of audiences in their followers’ list. It is essential to have several followers on Instagram who search for the user most often as it really matters in recognizing the account. Instagram notices the social engagement and number of people who search for the user who wants to apply for the verification process. That user must make sure that Instagram never allows the verification process to starts if he has gathered fake followers.
- Steps for verification of account:
To get a verified account on Instagram, users need to follow some simple steps that, first of all, include logging in to their account. After login, the user needs to do io reach out to the settings, and for that, he must tap on the three-lined icon located at the extreme right on the top of the page. After tapping the settings, the user will fill the option of “Request verification,” which gives an option to the user if he wants to go further with the verification procedure or not.
- Fulfill the basic requirements:
After requesting verification, the profile holder needs to fulfill all the requirements, which are crucial to proceeding with the account’s verification. Users who desire to get a blue check on their profile must enter their Instagram username and then provide their general information as Instagram demands the user ID that the government issues to them and a valid driver’s license. After attaching their photos to the form provided to them, they must tap the option of submitting. It’s not guaranteed if they will succeed in getting their account verified in a day or two. It takes time as the Instagram community observes the account. If it manages to satisfy all the basic concerns of community guidelines, the users will be notified about their account verification.