None of us can deny the importance of Instagram, which is considered a powerhouse of social media, and several reasons exist. First, Instagram has dramatically shifted the progress of so many businesses and has given countless career opportunities to people worldwide. Moreover, the regular users on this platform are utilizing it and growing daily. Hence, we can say that it is a unique platform of diverse nature that offers something to everyone on this platform.
There is a lot of stuff to discover on this platform, and it is continuously rolling out new features and getting by evolved more and more.
With the emergence of its countless features regularly, no one can brag about being a master on Instagram. Another important update in the features of Instagram is hidden mentions of the stories users are making. There is so much to know about the mentioned feature of Instagram stories that you need to know. So buy Instagram followers in the UK and boost your performance on this digital platform.
How To See Hidden Mentions On Instagram Story
In this blog, we will discuss hidden mentions in detail and the techniques used to see hidden mentions on Instagram. Furthermore, we will get into the details about enabling this option in your Instagram stories.
Let’s get started…
As long as you post the story on Instagram, you can see the whole list of the people you mention in your Instagram stories, whether you hide them or not. On the other hand, if the story is posted by someone else, you will not allow seeing the hidden mentions of that story.
But if you want to see the hidden mention of your own stories, you can do it by following a simple series of steps which we will discuss later in the blog. But all this must be done within 24 hours of the story duration. After 24 hours, the video will no longer be visible to you, but if you move that story to the highlights section, you will continue to view the mentions on it.
Following is the step-by-step method that helps you to view the hidden mentions on the Instagram account.
- The first thing that you need to do is to open your Instagram account and get logged in to it.
- Open your profile and tap on the three dots at your Instagram profile.
- There will appear a menu select the “Story Settings” option from that menu.
- Now select “Hidden Mentions” from the list showing up.
- Double-click on it to turn it on
Now you have successfully enabled this option, and you will be able to see the mention on your story by double-clicking on it. In addition, you can skyrocket the performance by buying Instagram likes in the UK.
How can we see all the mentions in stories?
Yes, there are some ways to use them. First, you can see the mentions in your stories. You can do it by tapping three dots of your profile and selecting mention. This action will take you to the page where you can see all the mentions of your Instagram stories also, if you want to search for any specific mention, type @with that particular username.
And if someone tags you in their stories, you will be notified whether you follow them. You will be able to see this notification just by clicking on the heart icon of your profile.
You must know that they are notified if you are viewing others’ stories on Instagram. But there are ways by which you can view the stories of other people without letting them know about them. So, here we go:
- Open the setting tab on your Instagram app
- Turn off the “Show Activity Status” option
- Now you can view the story of anyone, but they will not get notified about it.
- Once you are done watching their story go back to the settings and Turn “Show Activity Status” back on
Why can’t you see when you are mentioned in someone’s stories?
Sometimes, it may happen that you won’t be able to see when other people mention you in their stories, and it happens for several reasons.
- The people who follow you can mention you in their stories.
- If the person who has mentioned you in their stories does not follow you back on the Instagram
- Another reason is that the story you mentioned may be set as private. In this case, it doesn’t matter if you are following them. However, if they do not add you to the list of their story viewers, you will not be able to watch their stories.
- It may also happen when someone has not properly mentioned your username.
So, this is why you will not get any notification when you get a mention from anyone.
How can I see the people mentioned by others in their stories?
While viewing others’ stories on Instagram, a section called mention is located below that story. This is the list of people mentioned in that particular story or post.
Mostly the mentions are hidden for some valid reasons because the stories containing a long list of mentions in them look very crowded and take up a lot of space on the screen. But yes, if you still want to know about the mentions of others’ stories, there are several ways to do so that have been discussed in this blog. Instagram keeps evolving by adding new and interesting features to provide you with an amazing user experience.