After you are done with your eCommerce website development, you should focus on driving traffic to your website. Once you start receiving website visitors, an essential thing you can do is start generating leads.
You must be very certain of the action you want people to do when they visit your website. The conversion rate of your website will suffer if you don’t have a clear objective in mind.
However, just because you have a goal doesn’t guarantee your website will convert well. When visitors (who you paid for) leave your website without downloading your lead magnet, filling the form, or taking the required action, it hurts.
If you’re having trouble with a low conversion rate, the following free methods to increase conversion rate can help you get things in order.
- Reduce The Time It Takes For A Website To Load
Improving page load speed is one of the most reliable and cost-effective methods to increase conversion rates quickly. It isn’t the simplest method since it requires technical expertise, but it is very effective.
The time it takes for a website to load has a significant effect on conversion rates. According to research, a one-second delay in page load time lowers the conversion rate by up to 7%. This is because visitors dislike waiting for pages to load.
Conversion rates are greater for websites that load fast. This is the main reason why you should consider opting for the assistance of professional eCommerce development solutions, as they will concentrate on every aspect, including page speed.
There is no better way to improve your conversion rate than to reduce the time it takes for your site to load. Check your site’s load speed on desktop as well as mobile using Google Page Speed Insights.
Attempt to get a score of 90-100. In the report, you’ll find comprehensive instructions on how to optimize the load speed of your website:
Here are some simple ways to speed up your site’s loading time:
- Select a reputable hosting provider as well as a suitable hosting plan (preferably dedicated or VPS)
- Make use of browser caching
- Compress as well as optimize photographs
- Combine and minify CSS files (there are many of the free plugins available)
- Make The CTA Button Visible More Prominently
Visitors convert when they click your call-to-action button, and if it isn’t prominent, they won’t. On the landing page, the CTA button must be the most visible element. It should pique the interest of visitors.
Here’s an example of how to make a call to action stand out:
It is always recommended to make use of blue buttons. Because of their contrasting hue, the blue buttons immediately draw attention. This is an excellent example of how to encourage visitors to notice the CTA button and click on it.
To increase conversion rate and CTR, use these best practices to enhance CTA buttons and their prominence:
- Make use of contrasting colors.
- Use numerous CTAs across the page as well as above the fold.
- Increase the amount of whitespace surrounding the CTA button to make it stand out.
- Consider adding a border to the CTA button.
- Experiment with various CTA button designs.
- Get Rid Of Any Distractions
Distracting elements on your landing page will lower your conversion rate. Don’t attempt to cram too much information onto a single webpage.
Instead, create one landing page for a single offer. Distraction isn’t only about the number of offers; it’s also about the user experience and layout. A landing page with a lot of components is likewise a source of distraction.
The easiest approach to eliminate distractions is building several landing pages, each of which uniquely promotes a single offer.
Various landing pages may be used to market the same offer in different ways. Therefore, there will be less distraction and more conversion possibilities if you have a high number of landing pages.
Furthermore, having a large number of landing pages leads to a higher conversion rate:
The best part? Adding more landing pages won’t cost you anything. To generate more variants, you may utilize your current landing page builder tool.
To avoid distraction, use the following techniques and tricks:
- Don’t be afraid to remove elements from a landing page.
- Use heatmaps to figure out which elements visitors don’t interact with and then delete them.
- Include a lot of white space in your design.
- Make the arrangement more straightforward.
- Maintain a consistent as well as clear marketing message across the page.
- Finally, keep the number of choices to a minimum.
So, you should ensure that the eCommerce development company you choose should consider all of these aspects for boosting your conversion rates. Of course, the best part is that you do not have to spend a lot of money on it.
Conversion rate optimization is not that expensive procedure. You can increase your conversion rate without investing any money, and you can do it simply in-house.