Good content builds conversion, but how is this task accomplished through your content? Many businesses make the mistake of assuming that just because their content is good, they’re in the clear. However, if you’re still seeing no difference in your engagement with your target audience, there is a missing element here. So, what exactly are you missing out on?
You’re just aiming for good. You have to do better to be better, and if you want to boost your content and see tangible results, your content needs to emulate certain qualities. Some look for the easy way out by opting for content writing services. While content writing professionals can make the task easier for you, there are key areas that you should understand about content to be able to get conversions easily.
The following is what you should do with your content in order to get more conversions through your website content:
Create Emotional Motivation
Your writing needs to not only have emotion but also be good enough to incite an emotional response. This means that you are building or encouraging the motivation for your consumers to “want” to buy. Good content taps into three major emotional areas of a person:
- The Desire to Improve – Everyone wants to be the best version of themselves. Your content needs to convince the consumer that your product does that.
- The Fear of Missing Out – Limited edition items, discounts, and deals sell out because people don’t want to miss out on a good opportunity. Again, your content needs to highlight your value proposition so that you can show that your product is one that shouldn’t be missed out on.
- Following a Trend – Younger audiences love trends that are hip, happening and everyone cool is trying. Your content needs to show just why your product is among the trendsetters.
These three emotional motivation factors need to be present in your content so that they can push conversions. Even if you are getting web copywriting services, you should ensure that these are present in the content.
Understand Your Target Market
Always take the time to understand your target market. This is one of the major reasons for the success of good content. By improving the relevancy of the content, you are able to ensure that it hits the mark, every single time. To do so, you need to have different forms of content, which cover the basic concerns and needs of the customer and appeals to your readers.
A good way to do that is to break down your target audience into groups and write according to each segment. This might seem like more work, but it allows you more flexibility. For example, if your target market falls into groups A, B, C, and D, it can be tough to create content that appeals to all of these groups.
On the other hand, you can create different formats for each group. So if group A and C consists of older readers who are interested in DIY, you can craft e-Books for them. If group B and D are younger demographic audiences who just have a lot of questions, blog posts and articles can be perfect for them. Additionally, you can increase content output by making use of content writing services.
Have the Most Clarity
Each content piece you post should have clarity. This doesn’t just mean that it is easy to read. You need to craft content that meets the following points for your readers:
- Introduction To The Topic – The more engaging this introduction is, the better your readers will respond.
- Easy To Understand Language – Not every reader is looking to read a university level essay online.
- Identify the Problem Areas – This can relate to the questions, pain points or concerns that your readers have.
- Explanation or Solution – This is going to cover the who, what and why of the content. It also gives them the solution to the problem area that you previously identified.
- A Call to Action – Once you help them understand what the most feasible solution is, you offer them your services or the chance to take any action, such as signing up for a newsletter, getting in touch over the phone or sending you an email address.
Content like this benefits the readers more and is focused more on their concerns. This, in turn, builds an emotional response and does lead to better conversions.
Additionally, engaging content does not have to be limited to text-based content alone. Videos, infographics, visuals and more are all available for you to capitalize on. It is also a good idea to use web copywriting services as these services know these tips and tricks properly.
Matthew Smith is a Sr. Editor at Content Development Pros – a leading inbound marketing company that provides comprehensive content solutions, web design and development, SEO, and content writing service to small and mid-sized businesses. With more than a decade of experience and over 60,000 completed projects to their credit, they enjoy the trust of hundreds of regular customers from all industries and parts of the world.