How to Create a Video Landing Page for Your eCommerce Store that Converts
A video landing page is a great idea to increase the conversion rate. People love videos; they view them more likely than reading text only. Videos can help you improve traffic to your site because visitors will be inspired by them and will click to see details. However, one doesn’t need to be surprised about the power of videos when it comes to conversion boost. Numerous successful case studies prove that video landing pages work.
In this article, we will try to gather in one place as many ways how to create a video landing page for your eCommerce store, as well as add some tips on how to make it convert for your online business.
1. Choose a purpose.
The first step in creating an effective video landing page is choosing your purpose. The following are three common reasons why you should create a video landing page:
- Increase sales. Video landing pages can increase your sales because they allow you to focus on a specific product or service rather than just an entire category or brand. You can also use them to highlight special offers or promotions that will motivate customers to buy immediately.
- Generate leads for your business. Video landing pages generate leads because they provide more information about your products and services than your website’s specific product or service pages. In addition, customers may be more likely to give out their contact information if they feel it will benefit them in some way, such as receiving discounts or exclusive offers from your company.
- Build trust with customers by demonstrating expertise and authority in your industry. An informative video that discusses one of your products or services in detail will help build trust with customers by demonstrating that you know what you’re talking about, even if they aren’t experts in your field. This will help them understand why they should work with your store instead of another one that sells similar products or services.
2. Understand the elements of a video landing page.
When it comes to video landing pages, you need to understand the elements that make up a video landing page. While there are many different video landing pages, they all have some common elements.
- A call-to-action button encourages visitors to take action by clicking on your site or contacting you directly via email, phone, or social media.
- A headline that clearly explains what the video is about, including a benefit to the customer.
- An introductory paragraph answers the question, “what’s in it for me?” The first paragraph should answer this question within three sentences so that people know exactly what they get when they click through.
- An image or video of whoever is speaking in the video (if there’s not one already). It’s helpful if this image is directly related to what they’re talking about in the video – so if they’re talking about your product line, give them an image of themselves using your products!
- A description of what’s happening in the video (i.e., “In this demo…”). This will help people understand why they should watch it immediately rather than later.
3. Don’t be too pushy with your CTA.
The call-to-action (CTA) is one of the most important elements of your product page. It’s a key part of the conversion funnel and gets visitors to click on your product and make a purchase.
To create a successful CTA for your eCommerce store, you’ll need to understand what makes people take action and how to manipulate that psychology. Your CTA should be located above the fold, but don’t force it on your visitors by placing it in their faces as soon as they arrive on the page. Instead, give them some breathing room and encourage them to read through all of the content first before deciding what action to take next. This way, you’ll avoid creating an overwhelming experience for users who may not even be interested in doing business with you just yet.
4. Use social proof and testimonials.
You need to use social proof and testimonials on your video landing page to increase your conversion rate and sell more products.
Social proof is all about using data from others to convince potential buyers that your product is worth purchasing. You can do this by showing them testimonials from real users who have already purchased your product or service and videos of others using and enjoying it.
You should consider getting some if you don’t have many reviews or testimonials on your site yet. This can be done by offering free products to people in exchange for their reviews (which is what we did when we first launched our eCommerce store).
Another way to get social proof is by getting positive reviews on third-party sites like Amazon, Google My Business, and Yelp. These sites allow customers to leave comments about their experiences with your business, which can help boost trust in those considering buying from you.
5. Test everything out.
When it comes to your video landing page, you want to ensure that you test everything. A certain type of video that works well for one store doesn’t mean it will work well for another.
- Test out different types of videos: Test out different types, such as how-to videos, video ads, product overviews, and testimonials. You can also test out different lengths of videos — some people prefer short videos under two minutes long, while others prefer longer videos closer to five minutes long.
- Test out different styles: Test out different styles of music and audio as well as background images for your video landing page. For example, you might find that something like rock music or hip hop works better than soft rock or classical music or that a yellow background works better than blue or red.
- Test the video length: Test each video on your landing page to know what works best with your customers and what doesn’t. Some people like short videos while others like longer ones; if you find that one type of video works better than another type, use more of it!
Video is the new black. If you haven’t figured it out by now, video content is extremely effective at generating higher engagement and conversions. So if you’re looking to improve your eCommerce site, try creating a video landing page instead of a traditional one. It might just help you bring in more conversions for your business.